PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

water coming out of a pipe from firewall what is it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Default water coming out of a pipe from firewall what is it?

Dont have a repair manual for my 08 i5 h3 just wondering what and why i have water coming out of this pipe thats in my firewall? I have never seen this ever before what is this and whats the reason. Its draining about a cup of water after i drive? Also im having a problem with my info center saying doors are open even when ive slammed them all shut and it keeps my interior lights on any help would be appreciated on these 2 things..thanks

Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

You have a sunroof, don't you?

Is is warm out, are you running the AC?

Old 04-19-2013, 11:51 AM

Yes i have a sunroof ,its not warm at al,l and i havnt had the a.c on at all.it has been raining alot but i have never seen this before on it even when its rained for days..and i can always tell if theres a leak the way my driveway is with a huge steep incline thats how i noticed it the last little while..it also has spit out water for 3 days straight while its been beautiful and dry out and high of 60..???

Old 04-19-2013, 12:24 PM

Do a search with the keywords, sunroof drains and door jamb switch. Happy hunting.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:06 PM

I know the rule on digging up old threads; bit i will help you out and possibly make the last post other than you saying thanks it is fixed.. You have a leaking drainage for the sunroof. you have to reach up under the steering column side of the dash and find you drain tube,pull it out and remove the gromet from the end. go to passenger side and remove side kick panel by taking out the plastic rivets in the glove box. Find the drain tube there and do the same as previous. reams o cut or scrape or drill out the "x" inside it. them put back on tube and press back out through the firewall making sure it is seated all the way. put a straw in the drains in the roof even if you need to duct tape the end to make it tight with no air leaks and put warm water in mouth and blow al the mud rocks dirt and tree spills out the drains... voila. never leak again.. mine leaked five or six times before fully fixing it and i had every drain on the thing plugged and some with bad seals. stereo problems and windows and locks . Dripping malfunctioning onstar and browning of the headliner and soaked carpets. Oh and by the way, THANK GOD I FOUND THIS FORUM!!!!! i found the diagram of it here and how room fix most everything i have done.

Last edited by BERULAKIDE; 04-19-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 PM

Ok im confused now after reading the threads about the sunroof leaking? Having water come out of the tube on my passenger side firewall .thought that water coming out of this is good right? That means the sunroof drain is plugged or not?.. also about the door jam switch jus my driver side when locked it pops open right away ....i read i prob need a new switch but could another sunroof drain tube be causing this on the driver side?..trying to find posts and threads but having a hard time...thanks again

Old 04-21-2013, 05:22 AM

the water is suppose to come out. but runs downn by your tire. the drain may not be plugged, but mine acted stange with drivers door and drivers door controlls when my drivers side leaked. if the drain tubes havent been done yet as i said to , sooner or later it will plug. you may have a bad switch as well. you can push the button by the headlight controlls and the inside light will stay off till you push it again. the microswitch in tthe door switch is likely bad and not engaging. good luck.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:23 AM

Thanks berulak will keep posted thanks again

Old 04-21-2013, 05:38 PM

no problem. hope it helped.