PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tough One, Continuos Power From Wiper

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 07:59 PM
Default Tough One, Continuos Power From Wiper

Okay guys i have a tough one. Recently my battery was dead every morning. I replaced the battery today and found that after i turned the h2 off it was still stuck in accesory mode..(lights behind gauges on, radio still on and so on and so on). Instantly i thought it was a bad key switch. I started pulling fuses to find the front wiper switch stopped it and everything worked fine without the fuse. Something in the multi switch for the wipers and cruise control is causing this. There is a clifford alarm close that someone might have tapped into for power. Either way something is back feeding and causing the hummer to think its in accesory mode. Any ideas will be great, its all taken apart so i can check and ideas you have.
Thanks for any ideas Steve

Old 04-17-2010, 08:28 AM

Maybe the wiper motor circuit board shorted out, there was a recall for that on certain years.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Default Re: continuos power

Well taking out the wiper fuses stops the continuos power, I tracked it to a gray wire that goes to the ignition.

The gray wire is part of the ignition harness, along the way someone tapped into that wire and ran a Red and Orange wire off off that

The Orange wire is ran to the clifford alarm tucked behind the rear wiper and light switch

The Red wire has a 15 amp fuse and is about 2 feet with a butt connector on the end (crimped). It might of fell off something but nothing near the alarm, it reaches behind the radio but nothing there to connect it to.

Here is the thing. While the key is out it runs in continuois mode like i said before. I cut the butt connector off the red and if i touch it to a ground it stops in continuos mode but once i turn on the car it blows the inline fuse.

The red wire must be hot coming off this grey wire in the ignition.

Obvious thing is to eliminate these of the gray wire but it is a real tight fit and short wires, what can you do with a loose hot wire?