PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Torque app !

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Thumbs up Torque app !

Hi Guys , I just got the Torque app with the OBD Bluetooth thing . Wow I got amazed how well it works .
The H2 had almost every sensor , was able to check everything from MPG to Hp , intake temp , coolant temp , trans temp , O2 , Acc , torque ,
etc ... Too many to list here
Also there is a pitch angle compass for offroad

Just want to let anyone wondering if it is worth it .. 150 %

Old 09-19-2014, 12:15 AM

X2.
Been using it for some time now. Very handy tool.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:23 AM

Miami,
Not to burst your bubble, but.... if you get service lights it is probably not going to be able to scan down that far.

It isnt bad for a 25 dollar shipped scanner / app, but I have found that suspension lights and and all kinds of others..... it wont work.

Ths discussion was had with many of the Gurus over on Elcova... to get into all the stuff you will need a tech 2 type scanner

Given all the parts of the Torque app works, like you said.... just it doesnt have the ability for some reason to scan deep and pick up all the codes.

I have had mine for years and have the latest software (bought and paid for), yet when I just got a brake/TC combo light on the dash.... I scanned and got zero / no codes present (and I doubt the dash is incorrect).
Given the same combo on another members rig who scanned it with a Tech2 was able to show all the codes present.

Just a heads up

Old 09-19-2014, 11:00 AM

Another cool app is DASH COMMAND. I like this one better than Torque
DashCommand - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:09 PM

Atari...
Curious since I havent heard of it before, and up to this point I only knew of the Tech2... and hoped maybe this could do the deeper scanning??

Old 09-19-2014, 01:53 PM

The free version does basic stuff, but I paid the $9 for the GM Pid info stuff (whatever it is called)

The diag scan is questionably faster on Dash Command but both Torque and DC say I have no issues.
Torgue (before I had DC) reports a misfire of a cylinder but I got Chevron Fuel System cleaned and it went away

DC has a great MPG reporting screen, which is why I bought this app

I want to do a video of my Radio, which is an Android based device.
--Google Maps and Waze for navigation
--hands free calling/answering
--spoken sms messages
--verbal music requests
---if I dont have the song, it looks for it on TuneIn Radio on the internet
--Dash Command
...etc

*What I say and what I do are sometimes 2 different things

Old 09-19-2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by jsbihn
Miami,
Not to burst your bubble, but.... if you get service lights it is probably not going to be able to scan down that far.

It isnt bad for a 25 dollar shipped scanner / app, but I have found that suspension lights and and all kinds of others..... it wont work.

Ths discussion was had with many of the Gurus over on Elcova... to get into all the stuff you will need a tech 2 type scanner

Given all the parts of the Torque app works, like you said.... just it doesnt have the ability for some reason to scan deep and pick up all the codes.

I have had mine for years and have the latest software (bought and paid for), yet when I just got a brake/TC combo light on the dash.... I scanned and got zero / no codes present (and I doubt the dash is incorrect).
Given the same combo on another members rig who scanned it with a Tech2 was able to show all the codes present.

Just a heads up
I dont really have exp scanning codes with torque app .. Fortunately engine light is off in both vehicles ...
Looking at spec the scan may be limited to the most common issues . Im not sure but it should be able to read codes for different sensors such as camshaft , misfire , etc ... Will look for more info ..

I will give a try to Dash command

Old 09-22-2014, 07:01 PM

I bought one, the $15.00 I spent was worth the price of checking and clearing the codes after changing the 02 sensor.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:50 AM

Yeah - I got mine for like $8 on amazon. I had some cash rewards points I didnt realize I could apply at the time