PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sway bar bushings kit review

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Default Sway bar bushings kit review

I was looking the sway bar is not centered , also the bushing are not grasable , and some way worn , some of the squiring noise could be coming from the worn bushings .
Had anyone tried this kit

01 10 GM HD 8 Lug Gas Diesel Extended 1" Sway Bar End Links Mount Bushings | eBay

They claim it is better quality , greasable and End Link Center Sections are 1" longer which will make it perform better

Info copy from manufacture : ( This clearance issue occurs on many trucks running stock suspension that have been highly leveled out, (raised up in the front), especially if you are running an aftermarket upper control arm kit and or lifting / leveling torsion keys. This by itself will cause a very close tie rod to sway bar clearance issue and on many trucks the two will contact each other. If you upgrade to aftermaket tie rod assemblies such as Fabtech, Cognito or Rare Parts, there for sure becomes a clearance issue with the sway bar. The inner tie rod joints on these heavy duty brand tie rods are much bigger than the factory units and will hit the sway bar. When the truck is raised / leveled the angle of the lower control arm increases, this also pulls the sway bar down as they are attached to each other by the sway bar end link. This combination of bigger inner tie rod joints and increased lower control arm angle will cause the tie rods to hit the sway bar. We have designed a solution to this problem, our SSM 1" longer Heavy Duty Sway Bar End Link Kit!!!)

Any review ????

Old 10-22-2014, 05:07 PM

I don't have the kit but it really peaks my interest. I've been wanting to change everything over to poly bushings to hopefully decrease my suspension noise. One major improvement was changing out my rear trailing arms for aftermarket.

Keep me updated if you go for this kit! The price is excellent!

Old 10-22-2014, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I don't have the kit but it really peaks my interest. I've been wanting to change everything over to poly bushings to hopefully decrease my suspension noise. One major improvement was changing out my rear trailing arms for aftermarket.

Keep me updated if you go for this kit! The price is excellent!
really I was hoping you buy it , install it then review .

I may get it and install over the next week . Will update

Old 10-23-2014, 12:41 AM

i use them on my H2 and they fit and work just perfect. they're of good quality and go very well with my upgraded 2 1/2 inch full suspension system and the fully upgraded steering components from Fabtech, Cognito.

Old 10-23-2014, 03:45 AM

HAHAHA I was hoping the same but there's a review for you!

Old 10-23-2014, 07:29 AM

That looks like a nice kit. I am going to add that to my wish list.