PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Sunroof leak=FLOODED HUMMER

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Default RE: Sunroof leak=FLOODED HUMMER

When you get a chance look at your sunroof closed.
See if the seal is touching the roof of the truck and not under it.

I have never heard of a sunroof that is not supposed to seal.

Old 02-26-2006, 05:00 PM

I have heard a lot about the drain tubes on the H2 sunroof becoming plugged. I have also heard that the dealer is using compressed

air to push the debris out. I just want to mention and give a few words of warning to those who might want to try this. Be cautious,

you could force a greater volume of air into the tubes than they can handle (especially if there is a tightly plugged tube or hose) causing

the rubber drain hoses to detach themselves from the plastic nipple on the drain pan. In other words you could blow the hoses right off.

This would cause the water to run right into the headliner.

Another thing to watch for is when you install the factory offroad lights (either the grill mounted or the roof mounted). There is a wiring

harness (for the switch) that you must install on the outside of the "A" pillar behind the plastic molding, this is where the drain hoses run

also. The drain hoses are thin wall rubber hoses that can become easily pinched if you don't watch where you run the harness.

Old 02-28-2006, 12:23 AM

Great info guys.

But the time has come for me to have my DAY IN COURT..

Team Hummer/ Corporate Hummer did nothing for me and my H2 in the end. They said the were not reasonable for the leak and charged me for interior detailing, Rental car for a month and just laughed as I paid the bill and drove away (literally). Just for a side note, when I got home I remembered that I had seen earlier, at the dealer, that they had pried open the floor drain plugs in order to drain the front foot areas out. ( I have seen drain plugs before but these just don't pop out these are painted and tarred in place) I decide to take a look from under the H2 to see how they resealed them.

You guessed it!!!! NOT RESEALED AND READY TO ACCEPT WATER BACK INTO THE FLOOR PAN FROM THE FLOOR Drains.

Oh well I took pics and decided that was the last straw and I would have to Have my day in court and let the Judge make the Call. I will keep you all posted, court is next week...

Old 02-28-2006, 10:16 AM

GOOD LUCK

Old 02-28-2006, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: iruffneck

Great info guys.

But the time has come for me to have my DAY IN COURT..

Team Hummer/ Corporate Hummer did nothing for me and my H2 in the end. They said the were not reasonable for the leak and charged me for interior detailing, Rental car for a month and just laughed as I paid the bill and drove away (literally). Just for a side note, when I got home I remembered that I had seen earlier, at the dealer, that they had pried open the floor drain plugs in order to drain the front foot areas out. ( I have seen drain plugs before but these just don't pop out these are painted and tarred in place) I decide to take a look from under the H2 to see how they resealed them.

You guessed it!!!! NOT RESEALED AND READY TO ACCEPT WATER BACK INTO THE FLOOR PAN FROM THE FLOOR Drains.

Oh well I took pics and decided that was the last straw and I would have to Have my day in court and let the Judge make the Call. I will keep you all posted, court is next week...
this is terrible, i test drove a car there too... but will prob buy in torrance.

i can't believe what i am reading, especially when i am considering giving up my m3 for a hummer. doesn't hummer realize that people talk. all that money on ads, and reading this post really changes my mind about the cars, and team hummer...

Old 02-28-2006, 10:52 PM

HEY LET ME GET ONE THING STRAIGHT ...........I LOVE MY HUMMER AND THERE IS NOT ANOTHER CAR I WOULD DRIVE IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW. IT IS NOT A PROBLEM WITH THE H2, SO TO SPEAK, IT IS A PROBLEM WITH A DEALERSHIP THAT MIGHT BE UNDERSTAFFED AND OVERWORKED AND LOOKING FOR EXCUSES NOT DO GET INVOLVED IN MAJOR MISHAPS. IN HINDSIGHT I SHOULD HAVE TURNED IT IN TO MY AUTO INSURANCE AND LET THEM HASH IT OUT WITH THE DEALER. OH WELL I'M IN IT NOW AND I MUST SAY THE LEVEL OF SERVICE FROM THE DEALERSHIP/ CORPRETE HUMMER IS SAD[:'(]. I HAVE 2 OTHER MERCEDES BENZ CARS AND I MUST SAY THERE SERVICE IS THE MAIN REASON THAT MOST WHO OWN ONE SAY IT IS THE SERVICE THAT KEEPS THEM COMING BACK FOR LIFE. I WISH GM /HUMMER WOULD LEARN FROM MERCEDES BENZ'S CUSTOMER SERVICE MODEL, IT WOULD SEND HUMMER SALES THREW THE ROOF.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:15 AM

Even Toyota if they learn from them too. I agree there customer service sucks IT'S ALWAY HAS BEEN THAT WAY THAT'S WHY THEY ARE DOING SO BAD I GAVE THEM A SECOND CHANCE I WISH I NEVER DID.[:@]

Old 03-04-2006, 01:33 AM

here in hawaii, we have what we call "Lemon Law"...it means if the vehicle get problem that can not be fixed, that you can return the vehicle and supposed to be replaced with a new one.....or how about calling GM and have them resolved it...hope you can get this fix before it get worst....i have an 06 H2 and hope i don't get to run in this kind of problems....good luck!!!!