PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof leak=FLOODED HUMMER

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 04:42 AM
Default Sunroof leak=FLOODED HUMMER

2003 Hummer H2 with aprox 34k. After a light sprinkle I noticed a drip or 2 from the sun roof area on the drivers seat and decided to take my truck in to the dealer (TEAM HUMMER Pasadena, CA) to have them fix it under the factory warranty before any heavy rains and before the factory warranty ends. They said one of the drain tubes was clogged and blew it out for me at under warranty. Problem fixed or so I thought.

Fast forward 3 months at 36,600k and I purchased a 3 year GM Factory extended Warranty from the same dealership.

Heavy rains hit and my sunroof leaked like beer drinker at the super bowl. Flooded my headliner and carpet very bad and it was a Friday night when the rains started and the dealer was closed until Tuesday (Monday holiday). Took it back to the dealer (TEAM HUMMER Pasadena, CA) AND REMAINED VERY CALM as I explained my weekend of HUMMER FLOODING. They assured me they would look into it.................. They did and now get this one.... they want to charge me!!!! They stated that both of these so called drain tubes are now clogged with debris and that it is not a warranty issue but they would discount the price from $760.00 to $198.00 to dry out and clean the truck.

We have no trees to park under at our home and I park it inside of a parking structure at work. Have not off roaded my Hummer Yet. DEBRIS from where?? The problem was supposed to be fixed prior to the HUMMER FLOOD.

[:@]Need some good advise on a dealing with the Dealer/ Factory

Old 01-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Default RE: Sunroof leak=FLOODED HUMMER

ORIGINAL: iruffneck

2003 Hummer H2 with aprox 34k. After a light sprinkle I noticed a drip or 2 from the sun roof area on the drivers seat and decided to take my truck in to the dealer (TEAM HUMMER Pasadena, CA) to have them fix it under the factory warranty before any heavy rains and before the factory warranty ends. They said one of the drain tubes was clogged and blew it out for me at under warranty. Problem fixed or so I thought.

Fast forward 3 months at 36,600k and I purchased a 3 year GM Factory extended Warranty from the same dealership.

Heavy rains hit and my sunroof leaked like beer drinker at the super bowl. Flooded my headliner and carpet very bad and it was a Friday night when the rains started and the dealer was closed until Tuesday (Monday holiday). Took it back to the dealer (TEAM HUMMER Pasadena, CA) AND REMAINED VERY CALM as I explained my weekend of HUMMER FLOODING. They assured me they would look into it.................. They did and now get this one.... they want to charge me!!!! They stated that both of these so called drain tubes are now clogged with debris and that it is not a warranty issue but they would discount the price from $760.00 to $198.00 to dry out and clean the truck.

We have no trees to park under at our home and I park it inside of a parking structure at work. Have not off roaded my Hummer Yet. DEBRIS from where?? The problem was supposed to be fixed prior to the HUMMER FLOOD.

[:@]Need some good advise on a dealing with the Dealer/ Factory

THIS just happen to my uncle in a Cadillac same GM the tubes where clogged under warranty they replace the headliner rugs the tubes and a side panel. I would go in yelling when there are customer in there they dont like that especially when people are going to spend 50 plus or call GM

Old 01-04-2006, 09:10 PM

Ive heard of these so called tube clogging. Where are they located? Is there a home preventitive thing we can do o prevent flooding?

Old 01-05-2006, 12:38 AM

The drain tube holes are located on each side front corner of the front inside of the sunroof.

Team Hummer Pasadena, Ca stated today that the cause of the clog was a small acorn that was probably toward the rear of the sunroof catch tray when they blew out the drain tube the first time and then it somehow made it's way to the passenger side hole and clogged it up. 1 drain tube is not engouh to drain the amount of water the sunroof allows in, INSANE!!!!!!!! DESIGNED NOT TO SEAL. WHAT KIND OF SUNROOF??

Quote from Dealer was that the sunroof on a Hummer H2 does not seal ever!! It is designed to shed and catch the water in the drip pan and drain the water thru the 2 drain tubes THAT STRECH DOWN BOTH FRONT DOOR PILLARS AND OUT

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF A SUNROOF THAT WAS NOT DESIGNED TO SEAL THE WATER, ICE, SNOW, DIRT AND AIR OUT.

THEY WILL CHECK IT OUT SOME MORE TOMMORROW AND GET BACK TO ME.

I NEED SOME SOILD INFO TO THROW BACK AT THEM.

ANY HELP FROM MY BELOVED HUMMER CLAN MEMBER'S WOULD BE A GREAT HELP

Old 01-05-2006, 01:59 AM

i took a look at the GM shop manual for the H2, and there's nothing about leaks. it could be that the glass isn't adjusted right, and if it's off, that will cause the seals to not fit right. i understand the need for the drain tubes, but those are for the minimal amount of water that will seep through, not to drain off a flood of water. i don't have anything solid for you to lean on, but they should at least adjust the glass for you and check the seals, it's not right that you're getting a lot of water through the sunroof.

Old 01-05-2006, 03:35 PM
Administrator

that dealership is taking you for a ride..ask for a regional office number.

Old 01-05-2006, 08:39 PM

Yeah, that makes no sense that the sunroof is suppose to allow water in and the tubes to drain it. The size of the H2 roof is huge. the H2 also has a foward lean to it and most of the water draine forward over the sunroof. (unless your on a hill of course). There would loads of water flooding into the sunroof and into the tuny tubes.I would assume the ubes are for backup, like an overflow saftey!

Old 01-08-2006, 05:26 PM

See the train tubes are actually designed to drain excess water out if water does get in, for example say you are driving with the sunroof open in the vented position, and it rains out, some water will get in but it will be caught in the channels and drain through the tubes into the pillars and out of the vehicle, same thing if you accidentally leave the sunroof cracked and it starts to rain, I had a similar problem with my s10 xtreme blazer, except that gm "FORGOT" to install them, because the truck was under warranty, the dealer put the tubes in, replaced the headliner, the carpet, the front 2 seats and the dash board because of the mold growing in there because it happened for 2 years before i figured out what was wrong, because they couldnt figure it out. But even if they are clogged the dealer should have replaced them, because that is what a 3yr/36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty is for. hope this helps

Old 01-09-2006, 08:41 PM

[8D]UPDATE.Well truck is still at Team Hummer Pasadena, Ca. The dealer wants to dry out the car and return it to me, now for NO CHARGE. I have contacted Hummer HQ and have relayed all of your great input along with some of my own. They have now escalated the complaint to a Hummer HQ conflict resolution manager who is checking with Hummer HQ engineers as to the amount the sunroof should seal and the amount of water that is allowable (while sealed) to enter the drain tubes and not to flood the H2. I will be posting pictures soon as to the amount of water that entered the H2, but let me say the entire dash, center console, both door panels, steering wheel, front & rear seats, 3/4 of the headliner, and the entire carpet was drenched with water. The bulk of the water collecting on the floor of the H2 and then flooding out of the car at the 4 door points of entry.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that I will emerge from this whole fiasco Victorious.

[8D]Hummer Clan[8D] Thank you very much for all your support and I will keep you posted.

If you have any other idea's or info please advise.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:30 PM

keep up updated.

Quick Reply: Sunroof leak=FLOODED HUMMER