PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

How to add an AMP to the factory deck?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Default How to add an AMP to the factory deck?

Hey guys.. Im planning to add a JL AMP and subs to my factory deck. My question is... I know I need a Line output convertor aka LOC. Can I use the speaker wire that Ill be disconnecting from the factory sub to obtain a signal for the LOC?

Old 12-29-2005, 02:59 AM
Default RE: How to add an AMP to the factory deck?

ORIGINAL: Hayaboosted

Hey guys.. Im planning to add a JL AMP and subs to my factory deck. My question is... I know I need a Line output convertor aka LOC. Can I use the speaker wire that Ill be disconnecting from the factory sub to obtain a signal for the LOC?
Pacific Accessory Corporation

You are going to need an AOEM-GM24 for this it will give you a set of non fading rca outputs, as well as a amp turn on lead (remote wire), enjoy

Old 02-27-2006, 05:32 PM

Can anyone else confirm that a LOC will not work? Ive been told by 2 shops today all I need is a loc. Thanks

Old 03-02-2006, 03:13 PM

FYI.

The Line output convertor DOES work. Got it hooked up last night!!

Old 03-02-2006, 03:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Hayaboosted

FYI.

The Line output convertor DOES work. Got it hooked up last night!!
did you happen to take pics of your install? where did you put the sub amp? what size, and how many, subs are you running? details plz, i have 2 12" subs collecting dust, but don't want to give up the controls on the steering wheel.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:06 PM

ya know, pics won't help, since i missed the fact this was for an H3. i should wear my helmet more often . . . .

[IMG]local://upfiles/69/C4277F39F52E4A308BE4AF4E1F9EE00B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-02-2006, 06:14 PM

I didnt take pics. The install is butter. Get yourself a line output convertor.

Remove the plastic around the factory sub. Thats where the factory amp is.. I tapped into the speaker wires from there.

Old 03-04-2006, 04:22 AM

That sounds like a cheap Subwoofer with Amp all together...!!! Its that right ? 2in 1 ???

What I did is intall the RCA converter right from the doors panel to the speakers wires (You have to know the color) "I've the list if you want them". Then what you do is hook the RCA cables from the converters to the AMP, and the Remote cable to the Computer Fuse Box (I picked the Accesories Fuse) It works fine, then offcourse that Remote cable goes to the AMP, and for the last the Energy Cable straight to the bettery (+). Thats it. Here is the list (Actually I took a pictures, just to make it faster). I hope you can see it and hope this helps you. Later.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...a/PICT0005.jpg

Note: Offcourse, this list is to hook the speakers cables from the car to the RCA Converter cables. You also need the color list from the RCA converter to match them together. (The brand doesnt matter, what it matter its the outpust watts from your radio that have to match the RCA converter). The stock radio for the H3 its less than 30 watts I believe. My RCA converter it 60watts, just in case I'd upgrade the stock radio in the future...Later.!!!