PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck in park

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Default Stuck in park

Like the thread title states my 2007 H2 is stuck in park. Ive hit google and found very little. Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 12-03-2016, 08:33 PM

Yep
There are two solenoids one linked to your key and one on the ratchet for the gear selector. They are inter connected. In short the one on the gear selector is engaged. Take the "T" handle off there a small set screw on it pop the tray out look down and you'll see the solenoid and a button you can push in to release it...
Now the bad news, you can't just buy the solenoid it's a whole assembly deal (stupid huh)
At least they was the case on my 04'... Most times it's the wire coming from the steering column to it, as opposed to the solenoid.
I ended up permanently sticking the release button in, the end result, it will shift into and out of gear with out the key.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:49 AM

I would also check the cable to the transmission, common for the plastic bushing to become brittle and break. Take a peak under there, easy first check. If so you can buy replacement bushings on ebay/amazon for dirt cheap.

Old 12-07-2016, 01:09 AM

Pretty common problem. I had the exact same issue a few weeks ago. Look up my post and you will find all sorts of issues I have had.

Gear selector can be the problem, the solenoids mentioned, and brake light switch. I spent quite a bit of time diagnosing before i figured it out.

Best of luck

Old 01-23-2017, 10:22 PM
Default Broken wiring harness keeps shifiter in park

In my case, my 2008 H2 was stuck in park and when I took the center counsel off (one Philips screw) I saw two broken wires on the harness that ties to the bottom of the shifter. The harness is designed to move back and forth with the shifter and over the years the wires wore and just broke. I solder an extension and pieced them together temporarily while I search a harness and procure it. Good luck!

Old 01-30-2017, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by H22222
In my case, my 2008 H2 was stuck in park and when I took the center counsel off (one Philips screw) I saw two broken wires on the harness that ties to the bottom of the shifter. The harness is designed to move back and forth with the shifter and over the years the wires wore and just broke. I solder an extension and pieced them together temporarily while I search a harness and procure it. Good luck!
I was just going to post this same answer, but sounds like you found it!

I to thought it could be a bad brake light switch, or solenoid.

Mine started out at intermittent, but one day wouldn't budge.

Same exact issue. Factory wire was broken right at the terminal.

Since this is a flex harness I am surprised that the general didn't use a wire with more strands in it for better flexibility.