PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squealing noise?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Default Squealing noise?

I read through the sticky at the top of the forums, but it was mostly about popping and vibration.
I know this is along-shot because trying to deduct any type of conclusion from describing a noise is next to impossible, but thought I'd try anyway.
I've got an '03 with 50k miles on it.

It just started a few minutes ago. When I turn the wheel to the right while driving (doesn't do it if stopped) I get a squealing sound. It only does it when turning right, and as soon as I release the turning pressure on the wheel (even if the wheels are still slightly turned) it stops immediately. Nothing when turning left or going straight. I looked for any signs of rubbing, and there's not any, but it doesn't sound like rubbing and it starts as soon as I start turning anyway.

I don't mind tearing into things to fix them, but I don't want to waste my time or buy the wrong part. Any ideas?

Old 04-21-2011, 09:03 PM

Could be as simple as a brake dust shield rubbing...remove the right front tire and inspect things...

Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 PM

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out, but it sounds like it's coming from the left side and doesn't really sound like a rubbing sound, but who knows.
It's not doing it at the moment any way. Maybe it was just having a bad afternoon.