Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

squeal and/or pop from front when turning

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Default Sas

Do a straight axle swap with a Dana 60 axle (from a ford) and remove all undercarriage protection. Removing the IFS and all of the garbage frontend components is the ticket. Rides like a dream. Otherwise you will be dealing with this issue forever.

Charles

Originally Posted by Usef
good day.. it Seems that after washing my hummer h2 05. From under after a couple of days i started to get this Grinding sound While turning.. i went to my Dealer they put some Grease .. all around and problem was fixed ( michanic parts ) hmmmm it seems it got back today.. after around a month.. hmmmmm Grinding SOUND.. Whats possbile to get rid of it? joint Boots etc.. ? the Rubbers to be changed or something becuase when i put Grease everything gets normal .. ? Leakage or something ?

Please techs.. help me out..

thanks

Old 02-18-2014, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by noavgcobra
thats funny my 06 h2 has the same rub marks and when i turn the wheel to full turn i feel a rub and automatically attributed to the tires being to large which are the stock size. its a strange being it was manufactured to fit these tires so dont know what to do, just not turning the wheel real sharp i guess
Did you ever resolve this situation ? I also, have a 06 H2 and have the same situation when I turn the wheel to full right turn it will rub. These are the proper size tires - not sure what to do to correct.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:59 AM

After replacing all the body mounts about a month ago, the noise is back. I will take off the skid plate then see if noise goes away, and if not I will take off the under carriage protection. Is the under carriage protection just for off roading? Is it not needed for normal driving?

Old 01-27-2015, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by theboss
i think thats the cover for your exaust i had a weird vibration specially while i was driving like 10 mph i took it to a shop and they remove the cover

cover for your exhaust? Is there such a thing or are you referring to the under carriage protection? If anyone knows this answer pls let me know. I want to get rid of this vibration too.

Old 03-21-2015, 12:58 PM

Fixed my popping by replacing upper control arms

Old 04-08-2015, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Piranha
Fixed my popping by replacing upper control arms
I checked on my ball joints and both uppers are cracked. So I ordered 2 kryptonite uppers. Waiting for them to be delivered. I think this should do the trick.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:21 AM

Installed the upper control arms, ball joints and bump stop. Noise is gone.

Old 06-03-2015, 12:38 PM

Good to hear!!

Old 05-30-2016, 09:53 AM

Hey guys I'm about to order the new parts just wanted to make sure what in your opinion is causing the pop in my front end. Is it the bearing or the upper control arm. It mainly happens when I drive slowly and maneuver on the parking lot. You can hear it on the video I posted here:

Thanks for any input.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Malcolm745
Hey guys I'm about to order the new parts just wanted to make sure what in your opinion is causing the pop in my front end. Is it the bearing or the upper control arm. It mainly happens when I drive slowly and maneuver on the parking lot. You can hear it on the video I posted here:

Hummer H2 pop from front end - YouTube

Thanks for any input.
Sounds like the bearings. Sure way to make sure is jack the front end off the ground. Grab the tire and push and pull it. If it has alot of play, its your bearings. Also if you spin it when off the ground, you should be able to hear the crunching of dry bearings. I have the same Pewter 2003 hummer and changed them out in about an hour.

Quick Reply: squeal and/or pop from front when turning