Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

squeal and/or pop from front when turning

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by achinaghost52
mine does this too, i have had that problem since 05 when we got it. i visually inspected it today, and the black dull paintpainted control arms have what looks like rub marks from the tires on them, so the stock tires seem to be too big, and rub on the arms, that may be the popping.
thats funny my 06 h2 has the same rub marks and when i turn the wheel to full turn i feel a rub and automatically attributed to the tires being to large which are the stock size. its a strange being it was manufactured to fit these tires so dont know what to do, just not turning the wheel real sharp i guess

Old 01-22-2010, 06:16 PM

i just fix the weird noise under my truck it was the wheel baring that was broken...

Old 01-23-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by noavgcobra
thats funny my 06 h2 has the same rub marks and when i turn the wheel to full turn i feel a rub and automatically attributed to the tires being to large which are the stock size. its a strange being it was manufactured to fit these tires so dont know what to do, just not turning the wheel real sharp i guess
if you want to get rid of the rubbing. you can get wheel spacers, they basically move your wheels out/extend your axle. i know you can get some that are like 50mm for approx $250 new, and your stock tires are 315mm, so, thats alot. for the H2, i have seen spacers ranging from 30-50mm

Old 01-26-2010, 05:38 PM

My 05 sut has bout 90k and today i did drivers drive axle, both side upper and lower ball joints and hubs... Total parts bout 700.00...mine was squeling when turning, was the drivers hub.. But said do it all and be done....easy job!

Old 01-27-2010, 01:12 PM

My '04 H2 has a weird vibration/rattle when I accelerate. Any ideas? This is the only problem I've had since buying it new and it's kinda freakin' me out. Is this common like the bearing issue? I've never had a bearing issue either.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by GirlieH2
My '04 H2 has a weird vibration/rattle when I accelerate. Any ideas? This is the only problem I've had since buying it new and it's kinda freakin' me out. Is this common like the bearing issue? I've never had a bearing issue either.

i think thats the cover for your exaust i had a weird vibration specially while i was driving like 10 mph i took it to a shop and they remove the cover

Old 04-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Default Kicking from the rear

somebody help...? I have a 03 H2, 110k miles and use it to travel between Luanda, Angola and Pretoria, South Africa, a 2100 mile journey with about 550 miles of average to bad dirt roads. Have a Rancho 4" lift kit with 37x12.5 tyres, air suspension thats manually adjustable. The past 6 months it started kicking from the rear when I stop and release the brake. It feels like the rear axle creep up no the front wheels and as soon as I release the brake it DROPS out of the sky. Already changed the propshaft length and confirmed that the yokes are good, brake pads, brake fluid, suspension rubbers and, rear shock absorbers twice... Now I'm totally out of ideas...

Old 05-02-2010, 12:15 AM
Angry grinding Sound Turning right

good day.. it Seems that after washing my hummer h2 05. From under after a couple of days i started to get this Grinding sound While turning.. i went to my Dealer they put some Grease .. all around and problem was fixed ( michanic parts ) hmmmm it seems it got back today.. after around a month.. hmmmmm Grinding SOUND.. Whats possbile to get rid of it? joint Boots etc.. ? the Rubbers to be changed or something becuase when i put Grease everything gets normal .. ? Leakage or something ?

Please techs.. help me out..

thanks

Old 05-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Default answer/truth

What you wanna do is take off your front skid plate. And then you're all set. That worked for me

Charles

Old 05-21-2010, 04:46 AM
Banned

On my H2 03 ...Gees that was easy!!! I just took off both of my front bearing hubs. Jacked up the front end with jackstands. Got out my electric impact wrench and took off tires. Stuck a screw driver between the brake rotor and caliper locking the rotor in place. Powered off Hub nut. Got my half inch rachet with my hydraulic jack handle and loosened 2 caliper bolts and 4 hub bolts. (pretty tight but no match for my makeshift breaker bar) Disconnected the ABS Line. Wiggled the hub and it just fell off.

Heres the kicker. I cant find any torq specs on the forum. Did some deductive reasoning and came up with 4 hub bolts 100ft lbs. 2 caliper bracket bolts 150 ft lbs. Main hub bolt 175 ft lbs. Can anyone tell me if im close? Oh and permanent threadlock. Gees this was easy!!! Did i say that already.

By the way my symptoms were grinding and popping when turning. When rotating the tires, I kinda thought something was up, I grabbed the front wheel and it shook around like a rag doll. And the dealer wanted 1000 USD to do the job. Got it done for 210 for both hubs with a lifetime warranty.

Quick Reply: squeal and/or pop from front when turning