PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somethings that I have done

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 09:13 PM

Wow... very nice.. I just got a 2008 lux and looking to do a few things. Just need the time. Thanks for sharing pics.

Old 06-12-2015, 07:07 AM

The best bang for your buck is a tune from blackbear. It will fix the annoying constant shifting from the 6 speed tranny.

Old 06-12-2015, 08:21 AM

A tune is on the list but shouldn't I wait till I make some of the mods I'm planning such as exhaust, (headers using stock style cats) and exhaust. I'm leaning towards Borla for an exhaust but I see others out there I never heard of that look good. Billy Boat? AFE (I have heard of)

What exhaust do you recommend (2008 so a lil less choices that I can find)

Then, intake maybe... I thought Volant and others but I see mixed reviews for the H@ on adding an intake. Maybe most people who add one done get a tune after... but I also hear people loos MPG with this... Wondering if I should stay stock and just get a tune...

Thoughts?

Old 06-12-2015, 01:11 PM

Once you receive a tune from blackbear they will make updates to it for as long as you own the vehicle for free. So you can add mods in any order.

As for the exhaust, unless you do lt headers you wont make much if any extra power. But if you are after sound go Corsa. They don't drone. And as much as H2s downshift at highway speeds you dont want something way loud or something that drones. Will get annoying on a road trip pretty quick.

The H2s already have a cold air intake from factory. So it's pretty good as is. If you do swap the intake go Volant. As it is the most like stock. Looks better tho.

If you are power hungry then the only things that will make a big difference in the H2 are supercharger, or major engine upgrades. Nothing bolt on will do much if anything.

Old 06-12-2015, 01:49 PM

more great info... I didnt know BB would keep sending updates if requested. Would I need to have them send me the equipment to get them the info?

LTs seem like its going to be a headache... But, really... the exhaust mani vs shorty headers no difference at all? The stock manifold seems very restrictive and with such hard tight bends in the flow, I'd think shorties would be better a little... Maybe I'll just replace the one passenger side as the heat shield is pretty much gone and rattling around all rusted.

If I dont go with a CIA, should I at least change it for this "Airdoc" tube? I just started seeing it on here... I haven't searched for more info on it yet but, maybe just replace that baffled tube with the Airdoc and then put a K&N or similar re-usable filter?

I'm not power hungry enough to toss a supercharger in but man, that is really sweet!! I'm all excited for you...

Really though... more and more I read, I feel like I should be keeping things as stock as I can... If I do keep everything stock, would you still recommend a ECU/PCM (not sure which is correct) tune?

thanks man!

Old 06-13-2015, 08:01 AM

Basically with BB you will pay for the tuner and service. You will do a log with tuner and send it in. They will then email the tune. The process repeats until they have it down as good as it gets.

The change from manifolds to shorties will be negligible.

I had the airdoc tube on my 04. Not sure if there were any power gains. If there were they were minimal. But the airdoc did seriously help clean up the engine bay and you can also hear the intake when you get on the gas. I really liked that. Also I have swapped my stock airfilter for a rewashable one from airraid. The stock one is hard to find locally and very expensive.

I would recommend the tune for sure if you are stock or modded. Something I highly recommend is bypassing the tranny cooler and mounting your own much bigger cooler.

Old 06-13-2015, 08:06 AM

What is the transmission operating tempature range?

Old 06-13-2015, 08:09 AM

Keeping it under 200 at all times is ideal.

Old 06-13-2015, 09:17 PM

If you decide to go with an aftermarket cooler, do the tru cool 40k towing set up. I messed around with other brands and my temps. still hovered around the 175 range in 80 degree weather. Im in the south so temps for the summer time is in the 90's. I broke down and spent the extra dough and put the tru cool in. Stuck in traffic today with it 92 out. 140-150 range, perfect for my aging trans and trying to keep it in a little longer. Just a heads up if you are running too hot for piece of mind.

Old 06-14-2015, 08:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by msailors
If you decide to go with an aftermarket cooler, do the tru cool 40k towing set up. I messed around with other brands and my temps. still hovered around the 175 range in 80 degree weather. Im in the south so temps for the summer time is in the 90's. I broke down and spent the extra dough and put the tru cool in. Stuck in traffic today with it 92 out. 140-150 range, perfect for my aging trans and trying to keep it in a little longer. Just a heads up if you are running too hot for piece of mind.

Thats the brand i plan on using, do you have any pictures of your install that you can post

Quick Reply: Somethings that I have done