PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SMC tire carrier getting stiff and other fun

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 05:13 AM
Banned
Default SMC tire carrier getting stiff and other fun

My rig is showing it's age and I was wondering if anyone might have some advice '03 H2 with air ride.

What's pressing now. Air bags are starting to go out and so are my ball joints. I got a quote for about 700 for the bags replaced and 1300 for the ball joints. Both include labor but I can only afford to do one this month and one the next because I've spread myself to thin in another project, so which should I do like right now don't wait another second.

The air bags I just noticed today the compressor comes on a little more than usual but not constant. The ball joints I noticed some popping when I make sharp turns at the end of last month.

Second I have an SMC tire carrier thats getting tough to open, the dealership degreased and regreased it and it's slightly better but it is still really tough to open, any ideas on what I could try to fix this, or is it a replacement issue?

Old 07-13-2011, 02:41 PM

Wow kind of weird seeing my post from another forum pop up here. by the way I've already fixed both issues now and the truck is fine. A higher pressure grease gun fixed the tire carrier.

Old 07-13-2011, 08:58 PM

I had to heat mine with a torch before it would take grease

Old 07-14-2011, 11:51 AM

Probably would have worked for mine too. I just had someone suggest the higher pressure gun out of the blue while I was in an auto parts store just checking out what they had. I tried it and it worked beautifully. What I thought was the ball joints was actually the wheel bearnings but everything is fixed now so. Kind of wierd this spammer is just pulling posts from other forms and dropping them in here.