PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Security lockout

Old 04-27-2016, 10:26 AM
Default Security lockout

This has happened four or five times now since getting the '08. My wife will accidently set off the security system, truck will beep several times, and the security icon comes on on the dash. Truck won't crank oc. It only happens when I'm not around, like so many other things in my life!

We haven't found a standard sure-fire way to clear it yet but we do get it to start again. Seems like putting it in neutral clears whatever is going on, after locking and unlocking the truck a couple times.

First time it happened they were getting ready to leave on a 1200-mile trip to Ole Miss. She had started the truck to warm it up (cold in the mountains), shut it off to go back inside, dropped the keys and hit the alarm and lock buttons at the same time when she grabbed them as they dropped. Truck beeped, security icon came on, no startie.

The manual doesn't offer any insight into this other than a description of the system. It does say the key fob might cause issues, so this is how I'm leaning. The one fob we have was busted open by a PO so that's where I'm starting. It likes to come apart at random times, and I'm hoping a new one will end the problem, plus it will look alot better than the current one.

That's the story. Any other ideas? Thanks y'all.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:04 PM

Bump. Anyone ever seen this issue?