PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing door panel

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Default Removing door panel

Anyone here ever removed their door panel? My passange mirror has had a pretty bad scrape onit since I bought the truck. Being that it is plastic I don't believe it can be fixed so I am looking to put on a new mirror.

The instructions seem pretty easy, just wondering if anyone has removed theirs before and if there is anything I need to watch out for.

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 08-06-2010, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by mgurgone
Anyone here ever removed their door panel? My passange mirror has had a pretty bad scrape onit since I bought the truck. Being that it is plastic I don't believe it can be fixed so I am looking to put on a new mirror.

The instructions seem pretty easy, just wondering if anyone has removed theirs before and if there is anything I need to watch out for.

Thanks in advance!!!
The door panel is really easy to take off. I took all mine of to put metal buckets in. There is one screw holding the cover by the handle and 2 screw under that cover holding the door panel to a metal bracket. After those 3 screw are out the door panel is held on by alot of clips. The clips break pretty easy but you are going to have to pull pretty hard to get the clips out. Then disconnect the wires to the window switches and it is off. I am warning you the mirror nuts are pretty hard to get to with the glass in the way. Take your time and make sure you tighten them good. Overall I would say it is a 1 or 2 beer job.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Default door removel

Ijust replaced both my mirrors ,,make sure the glass is up all the way before you start. i used a flat bar to get under the pannel a little more to help pop the clips loose , mine were on really tight , but once the first clip came loose the rest came off ok ,when you pull the pannel off and remove the wiring , you will have to peel back the insulation on the door , i used a puddy knife , and i was able to reuse it , like above , 2 beers ..
if you do a search on mirrors on this board there is a link with pics to help you out .
but it can be done i saved 500.00 over having the dealer do it ....mike