PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need help.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Default Need help.....

I've just purchase a used h2 hummer, im from the UK.

Basically. It recently had a loose positive terminal on the batter. So every other odd journey i used to do, when i went to start it, it wouldnt, a quick wiggle with the terminal the car would start. So great.

Came home as usual the other night. Parked up etc. Next morning I tried to switch it one and nothing!? Its like the key gets stuck in position 3 and will not allow to crank?

Battery is fine.
There is light on the dash like, a lock etc in amber on.
When I try to start it, i can hear everything react, i.e pump etc. But thats it.
All fuses are fine.
Gearbox is fine and selects gears fine.

Since then I have tightened the battery terminal.

The ignition gets stuck as if i have it in a steering lock or something.

I'm dead confused??!?!?

Old 04-24-2011, 07:16 PM

Sounds like you've somehow enabled the 'Passlock' system.
Its a anti theft system that disables starting of the engine.

Not sure how to disable it. Per the manual of my 03 H2 it says that if it won't start after 3 tries service is required.

Someone else here may have a tip on what to do. Also try searching 'Passlock'

Form another thread here from someone reporting the same issue...
"In case this happens to somebody else, I just went to the 2, opened the door with the key, turned the ignition key and the Hummer started right-up. Must be some type of theft prevention sequence that gets out of synch..."

Last edited by odonnks; 04-24-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:19 PM

I can't help you with your problem, but I must compliment you on buying a H2 in the UK with the high gas prices there It must be quite a site on British roads....and I'm sure you're every gas stations favorite customer Hope you find the problem with your Hummer...maybe a fuse...did you try cleaning the terminals on the battery....I don't think the H2 came with a steering lock, but I might be mistaken. Cheers....

Old 04-24-2011, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Indy
I can't help you with your problem, but I must compliment you on buying a H2 in the UK with the high gas prices there It must be quite a site on British roads....and I'm sure you're every gas stations favorite customer Hope you find the problem with your Hummer...maybe a fuse...did you try cleaning the terminals on the battery....I don't think the H2 came with a steering lock, but I might be mistaken. Cheers....
****, I just paid $127 for a full tank at $3.78 a gallon in the U.S., they love me in Missouri and I am about to move to New Jersey where it is even more per gallon lol.

But back to the thread, I had the same problem with my wifes H3. She locked the truck with her key fob and I used the spare key to unlock the door. I opened the door and the truck starts to beep (the alarm system triggered) and then I start the truck and it goes off and everything is normal. One day I did this and the same thing that happened to you happened to me. It ended up being the battery. i brought it to Autozone cause they will check and charge for free, They checked it and said it was still good, so they kept the battery and charged it. i reinstalled it and it worked for a day. next day same thing. Replaced the battery and no issues since. Just my 2 cents. Hope you figure it out.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:56 AM

Also try unlocking the drivers door with the original key. Not the key fob. I've seen something about waiting 10 min also.