PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Door Locking Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 11:01 AM
Default Rear Door Locking Issues

Hey all,
For years now I have had issues with my door locks (just the rear door locks), and now it has developed from an intermittent problem to a full time problem.

The issue is both door locks when pressed to unlock or lock dont do this. Usually I can hear the locking mechanism move but it only moves the lock half way (roughly... according to looking at the lock slider on the door and the amount of red sticker that still showing)

It seems like maybe they arent getting enough juice? Like maybe there is an electrical issue that is giving the lock actuator low electricity? But then I am thinking, wait... it is on both doors... what are the chances that happens on both doors. Then I was thinking that the actuators were failing and getting weak... but then again I am thinking what are the chances of that happening on both doors at the same time?

Anyways, any help would be great?

Old 10-21-2016, 01:07 PM

I feel your pain. The H2 I just bought is doing the same thing on the passenger rear and passenger side front. Some times the locks engage/disengage, other times they don't. Based on prior experience with other vehicles that had this issue....actuators are getting worn out. My H2 is a 2005...11 years old, stuff gets old. I haven't removed the door panels yet b/c I'm working on other issues it has. However, I did remove the driver's side door panel and found its door lock actuator had been replaced. It's an after market actuator, not factory.

My suggestion: figure out which actuator you would like and change them out. Go ahead and purchase panel clips...the black/white plastic things will probably break/stretch/strip or at least that was my experience. If you don't change out the messed up ones, when you go to reposition the panel, its fit and finish is not 100%. The panel will also rattle b/c it isn't snuggly attached to the door.

Old 10-22-2016, 03:16 PM

Replaced all four on the wife's 08. All were intermittently failing to lock, unlock or both. I made a thread on it:https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...acement-36970/