Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Radio, clock & electrical issues

Old 07-14-2014, 07:59 AM
Default Radio, clock & electrical issues

Hi

I am experiencing a problem with my 2003 h2 and would like to start a thread. I searched the forum and could not find helpful info. Below I will list my problem in case I missed something and you might be able to help.

First the clock on the factory radio stopped keeping proper time. Then I noticed the CD player making a noise like it was looking for a cd. This happened for a couple of weeks. The next thing happened this weekend. I turned the key and the accessory lights came on, but the car didn't start and acted as if the battery was dead. I tried to turn off the switch and the key would not return to the off position. I was able to bet it to return to the off position by releasing the swearing column lock and slamming the swearing wheel several times into the up position. I was able to release the key several times this way. I tried my spare key with the same results. I then reinserted the key and turned it to the start position then depressed the button on the shift lever and slammed the lever to the low position then back to park. Then I returned the key to the off position and then started the vehicle as normal. The truck has not malfunctioned since, but the clock does not keep proper time.

Is this related or separate problems. I only have 34000 miles on the truck.
Thankd

Old 07-16-2014, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome.

Please READ before you post. This was moved from the Hummer Forums Help & Suggestion Center thread that you tacked it on because, as it says.... https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...section-30002/

Good luck with your issues.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:30 AM

Sounds like a bad ignition switch or loose battery cables.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:02 PM

Thanks Phil I am away from home for a few days but will check that when I return. I was thinking it might be a neutral safety switch because it started right up after I vigorously moved the shift lever from park to low and back again. What do you think?