PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question: How much Brake Fluid does it hold?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:25 AM
Default Question: How much Brake Fluid does it hold?

I'm gearing up to change out my calipers, pads and flush my brake system and can't seem to find just how much brake fluid to purchase. Anyone by chance know? I'm looking at buying the EBC 3GD Series Dimpled and Slotted Sport Rotors for both the front and rear as well as the EBC Sport Brake Fluid but have no idea how much of the fluid to buy.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Bornabe
I'm gearing up to change out my calipers, pads and flush my brake system and can't seem to find just how much brake fluid to purchase. Anyone by chance know? I'm looking at buying the EBC 3GD Series Dimpled and Slotted Sport Rotors for both the front and rear as well as the EBC Sport Brake Fluid but have no idea how much of the fluid to buy.
Good question.... I'll take a look in my 18" Thick Shop Manules and see if I can find a listing for that. Stand By....

Old 08-19-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mark R
Good question.... I'll take a look in my 18" Thick Shop Manules and see if I can find a listing for that. Stand By....
Couldn't really find a capacity listing ...but Bleeding and flushing your brake system is not a simple thing according to this 2009 H2 manule.

The section on brakes is 178 pages long and does show all that you need to know. Including using special Brake fluid ..( Per the Mnaual)... They recomend "Use Only Delco Supreme "11" GM P/N 12377967) Or Equivalent "DOT-3" Brake fluid from a clean Sealed Container..( Per the Mnaual).

Good luck... Might be worth the investment in a GM Shop Manule set for your Rig. It looks quite involved.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:19 PM

Wow, that's a lot of reading for brakes, way above normal vehicles. Thanks for the info!

Old 08-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Banned

none of my business(h3) but since dot 3 is rec and standard id just buy 2 big cans at auto zone,,,take back a full one if you end up there.

h3 svc manual,apx 500 pages on engine alone,,it aint your gramps model A!!

Old 08-20-2011, 06:13 PM

I may skip the brake flush for now, brakes need to be done soon. Ordering the EBC stuff now and the G2 Factory Color Code matching Brake Caliper Paint so I can clean everything up real nice and pretty without going overboard.

I'm starting to want to get my hands on the manuals. Sounds like a worthy purchase. I'll top off the fluid if needed and if any squishiness still exists after this is all done, I'll go forward with the flush.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bornabe
I may skip the brake flush for now, brakes need to be done soon. Ordering the EBC stuff now and the G2 Factory Color Code matching Brake Caliper Paint so I can clean everything up real nice and pretty without going overboard.

I'm starting to want to get my hands on the manuals. Sounds like a worthy purchase. I'll top off the fluid if needed and if any squishiness still exists after this is all done, I'll go forward with the flush.
I'm starting to want to get my hands on the manuals.
Yes it is a great investment.....It has saved my Butt Many a time. Stuff I thought I would try was put aside and sent to the dealer do to the need for special tools and the possibility of braking a part I didn't have in my garage.

Great for running down electrial stuff and locating parts as well as a showing complete disasembly of the rig.. Even has body repair section.