PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Question about foglights/DRL's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Default Question about foglights/DRL's?

I just got a H2 tonight and was testing everything on it and can't for the life of me figure out how to get the smaller lights(mounted under headlights in the bumper) to come on. I read the owners manual but, no real mention of them. Are they switchable fog/driving lights or are they just daytime running lights that come on/off based on a light sensor?

Thanks and sorry for the newbie question.

Todd

Old 04-13-2012, 03:11 AM
Default Hummer H2 DRL's

Todd,

the lights use a light sensor and run when the head lights are off - for day time only

if you do a search for here in the forum "DRL's" or "day time running lights" and you will find a post on how to kinda override them so they work in the day and also when the head lights come on

Old 04-13-2012, 06:10 AM

I think I flipped and turned every available switch when I first bought mine to get those darn lights on also lol. As mentioned above just do the DRL mod right away, its cheap and quick. They will still be on during the day like normal however at night they will also be on with the headlights.

Old 04-13-2012, 07:49 AM

ONly way to get it work at night is running a wire with a diode from the parking fuse to the DRL ... look on the forum for the info .
Very easy to do ... cost me only $3 for the diode

Old 04-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Default Great mod !!

I did this mod as well, its really nice and easy to do.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:37 AM

Thanks everyone. I searched everywhere for a fog light switch....

I'll search for the DRL mod, sounds like it would be well worth it.

Regards,
Todd

Old 04-13-2012, 03:07 PM

Just a FYI, Those lights really dont have any significant impact from the drivers seat at night. If your looking for additional lighting, throw those fixtures in the trash. Any aftermarket light you stick in there should gain an improvement.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by bflorin
Just a FYI, Those lights really dont have any significant impact from the drivers seat at night. If your looking for additional lighting, throw those fixtures in the trash. Any aftermarket light you stick in there should gain an improvement.
100% agree... it is only for the look

Old 04-14-2012, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by bflorin
I put I believe the count was 48 SMD LED bulb towers in mine and they are insanely bright. They do actually light up the road a bit when they're on alone. Obviously not enough to drive with them alone but a definite improvement over stock.

I do agree though the housings are junk-then again they technically are just parking/driving lights.

Old 04-15-2012, 08:48 PM

I did the same thing when I got my Deuce - even the GM dealer didn't know they were not fogs.

I might do the diode thing just for the look... the fogs on the H3 were amazing - I miss them.

Quick Reply: Question about foglights/DRL's?