PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem Removing Marker Lights to Replace Bulb

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Default Problem Removing Marker Lights to Replace Bulb

Hello All,

I have a marker light bulb out. I read my owners manual and followed the direction taking a screw driver pushing in where the notch is and pulling up on the light. I have had no luck at all the lights won't come up. I feel the screw driver pushing in the clip but it will not release. has anyone ever had a problem wit this. Everyone makes it sound very easy to do but I have tried over and over. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-12-2011, 08:05 PM

Are your lights stock or have they been replaced with aftermarket lenses? Many of the aftermarket lenses use double sided tape to help seal the light to the roof to prevent leaking.

Stock lights should pop out pretty easy.... Aftermarket ones may need some prying to pull off the tape.

Hope this helps

Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 AM

Hey mgurgone,

Thanks for the response. I took your advice and gave it a little more of a pull and it came up. I was thinking of changing them out to smoked Recon. There was some silicone and gasket material left of the roof around the light do I clean all that off before installing the new lights. The Recon come with the sticky back gasket on both sides. Should I use silicone also?

Old 04-13-2011, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Beast05
Hey mgurgone,

Thanks for the response. I took your advice and gave it a little more of a pull and it came up. I was thinking of changing them out to smoked Recon. There was some silicone and gasket material left of the roof around the light do I clean all that off before installing the new lights. The Recon come with the sticky back gasket on both sides. Should I use silicone also?

I have the Recon lights... I just used the gasket provided, no additional silicone. My factory lights did not have any silicone on them

Old 04-14-2011, 08:28 AM

mrurgone,
So your factory lights came off without the weatherproof gasket sticking on to your H2? If you did have any residue left on the roof of your H2 how did you remove it? I have tried W/D 40 and goo gone with no success.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Default how to replace the rear cab roof light on a Hummer H2 SUT

how do i replace the rear cab roof light on a Hummer H2 SUT what side is this notch to access, front of vehicle or rear?

Old 09-08-2016, 05:44 PM

Identification lamp or clearance lamp? Identification lamps are the 3 middle ones. Clearance lamps are the 2 on outside edge

Old 09-08-2016, 05:45 PM

Identification Lamp Replacement (SUT Rear Header)
<a id="d3921e3">Removal Procedure
  1. Protect the painted surface with 2 layers of masking tape.
  2. Insert a flat-bladed tool underneath the lamp on the outer edge in order to disengage the retention clip.
  3. Tilt the lamp rearward in order to disengage the lamp from the rear roof header.
  4. Disconnect the electrical connector.
  5. Remove the lamp from the rear roof header.
  6. Turn the bulb socket counterclockwise in order to remove the socket from the lamp assembly.
  7. Remove the bulb from the socket, if needed.
<a id="d3921e55">Installation Procedure
  1. Install the bulb into the socket.
  2. Rotate the bulb socket clockwise into the lamp housing in order to secure.
  3. Connect the electrical connector to the socket.
  4. Position the lamp to the rear header opening.
  5. Ensure the foam gasket is not damaged and is in place.
  6. With light pressure, push downward on the lamp in order to secure the retention clip into the rear roof header.
  7. Remove the 2 layers of masking tape.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:46 PM

Clearance Lamp Replacement (SUT Rear)
<a id="d3930e3">Removal Procedure
  1. [*]
  2. [*]
  3. [*]
  4. [*]
  5. [*]
<a id="d3930e44">Installation Procedure
  1. [*]
  2. [*]
  3. [*]
  4. [*]
  5. [*]

Old 09-09-2016, 09:55 AM

Humtech you the man! Let's see just how deep in hammer knowledge you are, LOL. R&R rear shocks, non-air suspension suspension, on my 2000 H2 SUT. Again thank you. I will share this, I blog going to motorcycle forms on my 1800 VTX Neo, and have yet to receive assistance such as yours with detail. Thank you

Quick Reply: Problem Removing Marker Lights to Replace Bulb