Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Predator vs Hypertech

Old 05-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Default Predator vs Hypertech

Is there a HUGE difference between the two or is it just mainly a couple of features? If someone has had both please post up. I did the intake and catback and would like to get a little better throttle response and a few more HP. Obviously on a 6600 lb vehicle a catback and intake won't be noticeable but do the tuners on gas vehicles do anything (other than tranny adjustments) or will I have the same un-noticeable difference?
thanks for any info.

Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Default RE: Predator vs Hypertech

I just became a dealer for predator and don't see one listed for the H2...I'll have to make a phone call and find out for sure.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:36 AM

There is one for the H2. I previously had the Hypertech and now the predator. The Predator is much better. Pred inccreases performance throughout all throttle positions, allows disabling of GM Torque Management and much more control over the features. Support is awesome as well as the techs participate on their forum

Old 05-15-2008, 10:01 AM

DUH!! I found it. THey had the H1 alpha listed under hummer...the h2's are listed under chevy

how much do these things normally sell for? From what I can see the markup is huge

Old 05-15-2008, 11:21 AM

I was looking on ebay for programmer that someone may have had and sold their vehicle. I figured $150-$200 shipped. Why spend more being its not really a wear and tear item. I had the SCT with my 6.0L f250 and I bought it for $450 and sold it for $150 and it was practically unused. But on a diesel I got 120hp and 150lb ft tq with 1 tune. I'm just trying to justify spending money on something that will "truly" let me feel a difference. If I will notice a difference then the predator it will be.

oh and ImportKiller, PM me with a price if you can do a good deal. Thanks

Old 06-01-2008, 10:19 AM

[8D] I have had the Predator installed in my 04' H2 for about three weeks now. My previous computer had a re-map. But, I don't know by what manufacturer. I like the Predator more than the previous one. It has better of idle and low range response. I don't know that there is much more power. But, the only way to tell that would have been with a chassis dyno prior to the change. If there is any down side to mine. There seems to be a slight flat spot (sluggishness). It is when I am slowly accelerating from around 55 to 60 mph. It may just be my application I don't know. I have sent an email to Predator late Friday to ask a few questions. I will say the most positive thing I can about Predator. You will not find a better support staff anywhere. I have nothing but great things to say about them as a company. Their product is not the cheapest. But, I will pay more anyday to get the support that they provide. I would reccommend them to anyone who is looking for an upgrade.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Joe, what did you ever get?

Old 06-01-2008, 10:09 PM

LOL....I got a Predator off of Ebay and the guy tuned his GTO and figured he didn't need it anymore so he sold it and I won it.....BUT he never new he had to dump his factory tune in to unlock it so he should have itback tomorrow and I should hopefully have it this weekend. I have his phone numbers and he seems pretty honest.
I need to clean my rig and take some updated pics. I've added:
Stainless crossbars
Neoprene seat covers
Prerunner lightbar with 4 Hella Black Magic 8" lights
Hydrogen Generator (That I just made/built) I'll seeif my MPG's start getting better and I'll post some pics and links.

Old 03-04-2009, 10:28 AM

is this the DiabloSport Predator tuner we are talking about here? Or am I confused with the Predator Motorsports Raptorq?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:46 PM

The hypertech has given me zero problems, I guess I'm just looking for something different. I am looking for predator now. I saw that diablo has the power for the gm trucks.

Last edited by atashashane; 02-05-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Predator vs Hypertech