Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Performance Air Intake Systems

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Default Performance Air Intake Systems

OK Im sure this thread is already posted but Im toooo lazy to seek for

Will appreciate if get answer for Just a few simple questions

1-Performance Air Intake Systems ( is it worth it)

2-How loud is compared to OEM system ( Dont mind a little engine sound but not too crazy )

3- K&N OR AIRAID ?

4- MPG - +HP Real? or advertise ?

Anyone had a used for sale ?
Any other info appreciated

Thank you all

Old 09-08-2014, 12:56 PM
Old 09-08-2014, 01:08 PM

if your using as daily driver just regular street use I wouldn't waste my money, only real noticeable difference is under heavy acceleration mostly w.o.t. , normall daily driving ...just not gonna be noticeable in my opinion

Old 09-08-2014, 01:37 PM

We dont really use it under heavy acc .. I may need extra power sometime in future to tow a bigger trailer but not for now
My biggest interest is to gain some MPG in long road trips , would this make any difference .

Air-doc looks to be good . I read lots of good reviews about it but mostly related to the acceleration , no much about mileage . do you have any real info

Old 09-09-2014, 04:19 PM

just real life experience, that tells me if you gained 1 or 2mpg on a consistant basis from the air-doc or any of the other air intake systems id be surprised and even question your math, not trying to bust your ***** just saying if that's the only thing you change on your vehicle its just a bunch of hype and bull as far as any day to day use, I get 10 to 11 mpg in town every tank, I really didn't expect anything more, its my daily driver, 58k on it it runs great etc, I changed plug/wires on it just because its a 2003 and I didn't know if the age of wires could cause break down in them as opposed to actual miles used, I had a bit of rough idle at one point before change that it seemed to help, is yours running bad or getting even worse mpg than normall?

Last edited by yoymon; 09-09-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:50 PM

Air in, exhaust out! Too notice any improvment you'll need to do both and look into a tune or tuner. Hot rodding 101 to use the available fuel or especially to add more your engine needs to breathe and exhale efficiently. Opening up the air/exhaust on most vehicles will give you varying results. Most will improve, depending mostly on how restricted fuel air and exhaust are from the factory. My buddy at the local speed shop advised me to consider a Volante CAI and Magnaflow exhaust for the H2. (In his opinion best gains for the money) He knows I'll do the majority of the work myself and that once I got it all changed out, rather than a tuner he's gonna hook me up with a guy that will give me a computer tune for around a hundred bucks to dial in it in for daily driving, balancing HP with MPG . He did tell me not to bother with headers unless I planned to "Hot Rod" it more in the future. And on that he say's me he'd just change them out when I have him pull the manifold to replace the broken exhaust manifold bolts.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:59 AM

Volant box for me, sits in the factory spot and intakes air from the fender like stock. Reusable filter and I opted for the pre-filter as well. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Old 09-10-2014, 07:49 AM

agree with ant69

Old 09-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

I personally installed Air Doc intakes on my 03 and 07.

If you think an intake and filter doesn't make a difference.... Then don't change your filter for 10 years and let me know what your Mpgs are.

I saw an increase, minor, it sounded better, it had a crisper throttle response....

Did I shave 9 seconds off my 1/4.... No.

Did my engine run better and more efficient... Yes.

For the money... Nobody has a cheaper or better made intake than air doc. I didn't have to trim anything, or make permanent mods to my truck.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:02 PM

After going tru different opinions and online reviews Im going to install the Airdoc . Seems to make the best option for the $ little mpg difference plus better sound and easy on the engine , more important wont break my wallet .
I dont plan to replace the exhaust ( at least for now ) so following the Ant69 advise I wont expend money in a expensive air intake performance system when isnt going to make a big difference .
THis came to my mind after checking with the local auto part the regular H2 filter is close to $100 ... I think I will look for the airdoc and a washable filter .

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75
I personally installed Air Doc intakes on my 03 and 07.

If you think an intake and filter doesn't make a difference.... Then don't change your filter for 10 years and let me know what your Mpgs are.

I saw an increase, minor, it sounded better, it had a crisper throttle response....

Did I shave 9 seconds off my 1/4.... No.

Did my engine run better and more efficient... Yes.

For the money... Nobody has a cheaper or better made intake than air doc. I didn't have to trim anything, or make permanent mods to my truck.

Quick Reply: Performance Air Intake Systems