PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

opinions and help on h2 purchase

Old 12-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Default opinions and help on h2 purchase

Hey guys,

Ive been looking at h2s for a while now and found a nice one that i might try to see if i can come up with some coin for.

Its an 04 h2 sunset orange
9.5 full throttle lift
dual front shocks
44" boggers 20" rims
headers and exhaust
big sun roof
heated seats front and back

I dont know the mileage on it but price is 28,000 on it. its a good deal but still quite high for an 04 regardless of whats on it for mods. I dont think that they really add to the overall price all that much. 28 is pretty much full retail on everything aftermarket plus 18 for the h2 itself.

I offered my explorer, sunfire, and took a stab at 8 grand extra, I know its way out of the park but 18000 was the total for all three. he wasnt thrilled, nor would i be.

it seems odd though that I have asked him 2x now for the mileage and he hasnt answered. I would at least be able to get a better estimate on what i would be willing to try to get a loan for if i knew it had 80000 on it or something.

Im heading home from school next week and thought about going to the bank to see what I could get on a loan but highly doubt ill get any major cash right now since I am not working 40 hours a week and such. I have good credit at 750 and ill be working for the same place for about 7 months total but worked over the summer full time until i went back to school. ill be starting again for a few days over xmas break though and that will be the only time i can get an up to date paystub for the bank.

I can make the insurance payments, car payments, and gas until may when i start working full time when im done with school but im just not sure if i can get enough coin right now. lol

thoughts on a good deal or not? its just theoretical for now but i can dream i guess. lol
steve

Old 12-08-2011, 10:47 PM

Thats a twin to mine... I paid $28G 4 or 5 years ago this week i believe. Truck had 28,000 miles.

With the limited details you have, I wouldn't go over $23G.

I'd ask if the gears have been changed... That size tire would make it doggy as hell on stock gears. I have 38's on stock gears and its horrible. I dont think any of the aftermarket programmers can compensate for tires over 42", so the spedo may be off as well.

I'd look at the tires also. Alot of the offroad tires dont wear worth a ****...see what google results you can get on tire life. Like 12,xxx and the tread is gone. So if you have some real soft tires and are going to put some decent mileage on it...you might be replacing them sooner than you would think.

You would be suprised how much we dump in our trucks...I'm close to having the same dollar amount in mods that I bought my truck for. I dont consider any mods I do investments. Their all unrecoverable expenses to my addiction.

Its your money man, you may feel its worth it...while someone else may say its an overpriced piece of ****.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:55 PM

You need to look for the big dealers as they find better deals based on your credit score
I trade my 04 Expedition , good credit and not even one cent in cash ...
H2 Final price 26k
minus Expedition $8500
plus dealer fee , tag , tax ,etc
around 20K
Final payment $350 including gap insurance for :
H2 2006 LE with 50K miles

In other order , I wouldn't buy a car with lots of aftermarket , First , you can't be sure how was all the aftermarket parts installed .
also it make it hard to sell in a future
unless you really fall in love for the truck I see not deal in paying 28/k for a 2004 with so much mod and a cloudy mileage ....
Just my 2 cents
By the way price depends which state you live ... as you see in my nick Im in Miami , FL
Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
Hey guys,

Ive been looking at h2s for a while now and found a nice one that i might try to see if i can come up with some coin for.

Its an 04 h2 sunset orange
9.5 full throttle lift
dual front shocks
44" boggers 20" rims
headers and exhaust
big sun roof
heated seats front and back

I dont know the mileage on it but price is 28,000 on it. its a good deal but still quite high for an 04 regardless of whats on it for mods. I dont think that they really add to the overall price all that much. 28 is pretty much full retail on everything aftermarket plus 18 for the h2 itself.

I offered my explorer, sunfire, and took a stab at 8 grand extra, I know its way out of the park but 18000 was the total for all three. he wasnt thrilled, nor would i be.

it seems odd though that I have asked him 2x now for the mileage and he hasnt answered. I would at least be able to get a better estimate on what i would be willing to try to get a loan for if i knew it had 80000 on it or something.

Im heading home from school next week and thought about going to the bank to see what I could get on a loan but highly doubt ill get any major cash right now since I am not working 40 hours a week and such. I have good credit at 750 and ill be working for the same place for about 7 months total but worked over the summer full time until i went back to school. ill be starting again for a few days over xmas break though and that will be the only time i can get an up to date paystub for the bank.

I can make the insurance payments, car payments, and gas until may when i start working full time when im done with school but im just not sure if i can get enough coin right now. lol

thoughts on a good deal or not? its just theoretical for now but i can dream i guess. lol
steve

Last edited by H2Miami; 12-08-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:47 AM

That sounds a bit high on price unless its got very low mileage, for that kind of money you can get into a 2006 with average miles and in nice condition. Another thing to think about is that its likely this heavily modded truck has been wheeled, 44" tires are a big strain on the driveline and will age the suspension parts at a much faster rate. By your post I can assume you are on somewhat of a tight budget...... 44" tires are going to eat up alot more fuel, you can expect to be getting 8-9mpg's as well as looking to replace driveline parts. If this is going to be your primary source of transportation I would look for a stock unmolested truck and if you want to mod it you can do it after your in a full time job and the funds become available.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:07 AM

When you trade in stuff you always get less then it's worth especially if there are issues...about 2-3 thousand less then retail on average...I know this as I work in the car business. Most of the time we give $500 less then what it will do at auction not trade in value....unless we want your trade for retail then you will get trade value.... H2's are hard to get wholesale...atleast a nice one with low miles....I paid full retail for my 06... $36,900 with 22,000 miles last Feb....I coulda got one for way less but not one in the condition mine was in with low miles...( mine was showroom clean with lots of mods) I got my ***** busted by my boss as he said he coulda got me one for way less but every time I read the auction report they were high milage units with who knows what was wrong with them... Good Luck!

Old 12-09-2011, 08:47 AM

thanks for the info guys!

I think i am going to have to pass on it after thinking about it again and reading these posts. Esp at 8-9 mpg it doesnt bother me much but it would be my only mode of transportation for a while and i cant drive 280 miles every couple of weeks back and forth to school getting that kind of mileage. 9 being the high side isnt good enough for that.

Im also the same way with mods, I like to do them myself so that i know whats on it and its how i want. It was actually quite a bit bigger than I plan on making mine at 6" of lift and 40s. It would really be out of place being that big, esp when no one around my area has a regular h2.

thanks again guys!
steve

Old 12-10-2011, 12:44 AM

heres a pic of it: just doesnt seem legit enough for me for not answering the minor questions i had. he is too worried about getting full price out of his mods he added to it.

steve

Attached Thumbnails opinions and help on h2 purchase-5z25x35s03kf3pf3l7baq53ffe7460563122a.jpg  
Old 12-10-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
heres a pic of it: just doesnt seem legit enough for me for not answering the minor questions i had. he is too worried about getting full price out of his mods he added to it.

steve
Wow that's an impressive looking rig....definetly not a daily driver though....

Old 12-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Default Very Nice 03' H2 for Sale

Honda400, I just bought an 08' H2 & I'm going to sell my 03' Pewter H2 (NEVER been in mud, very very clean, 88k miles, no scratches, always kept in an enclosed garage, NO mods & NO issues) if you might be interested I could furnish you some pics. Oh yea, I'm ONLY asking $19,900. I just need to sell it because I now have 5 vehicles & only a 4-car garage. Thanks

Old 12-10-2011, 05:53 PM

thanks for the offer, its too bad you are in Louisiana Ill have to pass for now. I think ill have to wait till spring to get one.

steve

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: opinions and help on h2 purchase