PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

onstar module phyical location

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Default onstar module phyical location

onstar is killing the battery on 2006 H2
also the ride is being tracked (a story here)
help -
where is module located on this car

Old 01-23-2012, 08:31 PM

before you start ripping **** out, how many amps is the draw on the battery?? Alot of people have blamed onstar for draining their battery then find out its something else they did. How are you coming to this conclusion?

Everything is built into the module where your buttons are. Pretty sure you are going to throw a code if that isn't plugged in.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:07 AM

thanks
bflorin - battery drain is the least of my worries but, i think it a result of a much more
scary problem - i am being tracked - not by my cell phone - i have turned the h2 inside out lookin for a gps tracker or a placed cell phone - the only tracker there is the one i placed there , i've removed it and still being tracked - the story gets personal and very serious from here on the neutral solenoid is being activated i've heard the click and the red indicator light comes on - and i have to hold the drive button in to get the light off - what could this be the result of - yes i have a 400 watt amp its disabled at this time - i know why im being tracked and it aint good
can someone actully hack onstar?

Old 01-24-2012, 11:16 AM

another note to last thread - i paid a dude 20 bucks at justanswer.com
to tell me what you done for free but i got all the instructs on how to "rip the **** out" - what a ***** half way there now!
thanks again

Old 01-25-2012, 03:52 PM
Default tracking onstar

hell if your that worryed about that it would be easer to just pull the
fuse.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Default long reply

thanks for reply
THAT WORRIED! - is and under statment i know this forum is for hummer "enthusiasts" but im a candid type dude and can imagen members would like to know why i wish to disable onstar so - i bought this car for my (now ex) girlfriend after she rolled an totaled her jag. since due to her ongoin "dopie stuff" i had her evicted. didn't go over well she has found another sugar daddy and driving a bmw "i want your **** cut off" she told me
hince i been followed and chased around by some thugs - cant shake them gotta be gps trackin me - (refer to an earlier post) i been hiding in another state - they showed up here - my indenity has been stolen
my charge card has fraud alerts - hey, im just in a bad situation
fuses have been pulled but i understand that just does away with vehical
info getting to onstar does not stop tracking or shuts down vcim back up battery charging not to sound smart*** but if that pulling the lil 10amp fuse will disable tractin a thief would simply pull the fuse to avoid gettin caught
main thing thanks for everyones input
ps
there's hackers that can do bout anything nowadays my email is being checked by a mobile phone which shows up as my ip address

Old 01-26-2012, 03:15 PM
Default man keep your powder dry and your head down ,

good luck

Old 01-28-2012, 01:06 AM

just wrap your truck in aluminum foil...block all signal.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:12 PM

Yea the only way you'll ever know you have disabled a tracking device is to do something crazy like blow up a high voltage electrical transformer next to your vehicle to overload the antenna and short out any devices have receivers on them in your vehicle. Hackers won't be hacking onstar to track you. It wouldn't be unheard of though that if you had onstar or lojack that she might have enough of your personal info to have them give her your vehicles location.

Old 01-30-2012, 07:00 PM

I removed my on star module along time ago (located in lower dash below heater controls) and now use the space for a Yaesu FT-7800

Hasnt been a problem yet and no codes

re-purposed the on star satellite antenna for XM, works great
-----
On Star module draws 1.5 amps standing idle, 5 amps when in use

Pulling the fuse will not disable On Star, it has 3 power feeds, 2 fused, 1 not. The fused feeds only affect the functionality of the user interface, the static power feed is designed to provide constant fail safe power in the event of an accident or emergency.
-----
I'm not trying to feed the paranoia fire here, but...well nevermind...it will just stir up more poop

I took mine out because it was useless, and they were never going to get a dime from me, and I wanted to re-purpose the helix antenna for XM. Made a great place to install a Yaesu FT-7800 too

Last edited by Gleamor; 01-30-2012 at 07:08 PM.