PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off Road Lights wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Default Off Road Lights wiring

Hello,

I picked up a 2004 H2 SUV 2 weeks ago.

It took me a couple of days to tear into the interior to install Pioneer AVIC-X930BT, an amp, sub, rear view camera, ect. All the time spent was well worth it. It's very loud and very clean.

A few days ago I added a grill guard and now want to add offroad lights. I assume the truck is prewired and think I have found the two harnesses for the off road lights behind the right headlight (circled in red). My question is where is the factory switch usually mounted for factory lights mounted on the grill if such a thing exists? I noticed there is a little hole plugged under the headlight switch (highlighted in blue). Is that where a factory switch would normally preside? Is the wiring to the harness in that area that leads to the above mentioned harnesses in that area? I attached a pic of the harnesses.
Thanks in advance for any help.

...and just cause (after a few beers and much swearing).

Old 05-15-2011, 03:47 PM

i dont think thats for the off road lights ,wiring
size looks to small

Old 05-15-2011, 06:19 PM

I was thinking the same. That seems like the logical and only place for off road lights if Hummer equipped them. Maybe what is there now was replaced with a different bezel.

Old 05-15-2011, 06:25 PM

Not sure on 2004's, but I believe on my 2008 the item in your 1st picture is the outside temperature sensor.

You may just need to wire everything up from scratch... If so it's too hard. I wired in new fog lights where the factory day time running lights go and I was able to fish the wires through the factory grommet.

Best of luck!!!

Old 05-15-2011, 08:31 PM

With my 03 the off road light switch is located in the over head console.
I also agree that the circled wiring is too small.

Old 05-16-2011, 04:58 PM

That hole is way to small. Just do it from scratch. And for the switch mines is on the overhead console but that spot where you circled in blue would definitely be a easy spot to put the switch.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:53 AM

My switch for the OEM roof bar Lights is on the consol (Over head) Lighted,I have no sun roof........

My front OEM lights Grill, the switch is next to the Head light switch, also Lighted....

I had to install my own wiring though, when i orderd the H2 you could not get, Bar lights and Grill lights w/there wiring Harness,either one or the other, so I improvised, as usual.....

It came bar lights.....I installed the grill lights, and put there OEM switch where it would have been.........

Old 05-23-2011, 10:23 AM

Thanks everyone.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:05 AM
Default hummer h2 wiring

can anyone help i am wiring up 4 * spots from roof which i want to go to main beam, then also i have angel eyes which i want on day time running and finally three lights on bonnet which i want to use on dipped,

is behind the switch the best place to take the feeds or should i look somewhere else.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:51 AM

You want to go off the light relays in the engine compartment if you want to tie that into the factory control.

Quick Reply: Off Road Lights wiring