PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

off road lighting

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Default off road lighting

I've been trying to find out about some off road roof bar lighting for the front and maybe even the rear. I found somewhere the original low profile light bar from gm. I can't seem to find it anywhere again though and I have no idea where the switch goes or what it looks like. Does anyone have any pictures (inside and out) of the gm light bar? Or does anyone have any ideas/pictures of aftermarket light bars that are low profile that work and look really good.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:38 AM

HUMMERPartsonline.com seems to have the best price on the GM low profile lightbars.
I've been looking at these for a little bit of time as my 2 has the same style light bar, but has the other option, 4" round lights, which do not allow fitment into a regular garage. The low profile is definately the way to go.
From the couple that I have seen, including mine, the switch has been placed in the small overhead console just in front of the sunroof. It's placed on the edge facing the sunroof.
If you search on Auto Trader. com for 2006 Limited Edition H2's, you should find pics of that light bar set up and may even see an inside pic where the switch is located. I can't be quoted, but I've seen the LE's with these lightbars, I think it is part of that package.
Hope this helps----

Old 04-19-2010, 01:29 PM

Thank you twinmill. I did know that the LE's have that light bar but never thought to look online for some on sale with pictures. I love the look of the bigger ones but I really don't need to hurt my gas mileage that much more and, most importantly, I won't be able to fit into most parking garages in Philadelphia. We just came accross that problem last week. We couldn't fit into the first 2 garages we came to. The 3rd one he had to park it on the bottom. Thank you for the ideas.