PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nooby needs a little help

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 02:53 AM
Default Nooby needs a little help

Morning,

I have not signed in on the nooby page yet, thats next.

Been looking in the search area for last few hours and have not come accross the problems I have. I must be doing something wrong to be honest.

I have a 2005 H2.

Any way, I have a few (think slight) issues. I think they could all be linked some how.

1. Interior fan not working.
What I did was change the motor under passanger dash. It works now but if turn up the tempurature to 32 the air still comes out cold.

2. Top hose to radiator split.
What I did was Empty system, Flush the system through. Looked clean after a while so filled up with coolant.

3. Under a bit of pressure last week the top hose popped off. Thought this was my mistake so clipped it back together and filled coolant again and carried on for all of about 15 miles and it popped off again.
What I did was, tow truck to garage, Checked Water pump (looks good), checked head gasket (looks good), flushed the radiator seperatly (came through good), fluched the system as a hole and put a stronger clip on the top hose.

4. Engine oil pressure runs at max and only drops down to normal when changing gear.
I dont know what to do about this. Everything i have read on here and other google sites does not mention high pressure problems, only low.

I have been told by a mechanic to change the head gasket just in case. Is this correct?
Is this a common problem?

Its alot for my first post, sorry about that. Really hope people can help.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:51 AM

All the cooling system/heater problems are probably related and once you find the problem you should be OK. I would start with a thermostat and a competent mechanic.
High oil pressure is the least of your problems. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 05-19-2015, 10:04 AM

Agreed with the coolant issues.

For the oil pressure, it may be something as simple as the stepper motor in the cluster on that gauge has gone bad and reading high. They are easy to replace with basic soldering skills. Plenty of vids on youtube on how to replace them.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:34 PM

Thanks for the replies,

Ordered thermostat, Competent mechanics are a little short over here so going to spend the weekend watching Youtube and hopefully be able to guide the mechanic.

Hopefully some news by monday.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:51 AM

Where is 'over here" ?

Old 05-20-2015, 08:12 AM

Qatar Middle east. Land of sand.

Parts are shipped in and very expensive compared to anywhere else.
Rough delivery time is 2-3 months for special items they dont carry in stock.

And examble is door rubber for the front drivers side is $191 and took9 weeks to get here.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:49 AM

I can see where that would be an issue. We are fortunate here to get the prices and availability we all take for granted.

Can you post a pic of your radiator hose that popped off? I find that highly unusual.
Was the clamp not tightened or installed correctly?

Old 05-20-2015, 09:01 AM

I will try and take and post picture tonight.

It was the Top hose. The clip is one you squeeze together. The first time it popped off I had not checked if on properly But the second time i put it back it was correct position and tight.

The first hose split and I assume that was warn a little and thats why it gave out. The new hose being thicker and stronger I assume the same pressure popped the hose of instead of bursting.

I am just at a loss as to where that kind of pressure is coming from.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:03 AM

I could be wrong ( I'm no mechanic) but I think your engine has been overheated and now you have an internal leak into your cooling system which is causing the overpressurizing of your top hose. A head gasket and thermostat may be the best case scenario. Worst case is a warped head and or overheated rings.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:49 AM

Does your H2 have a lot of miles on it? You could have your mechanic pull the spark plugs and visually check to see if one or two plugs shows signs of having coolant on them.

Quick Reply: Nooby needs a little help