Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

No dome light

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Default No dome light

I know this has obviously cropped up before but after searching most of the old threads I can't seem to find the answer.
When I open any of the doors the dome light does not come on.The only lights that come on are the ones in the door panels. When I turn the dash dim light wheel fully to the top the dome light doesn't come on. When I push in the override button to turn on/off interior lights again, the only ones that seem to be working are the door panel lights.
Now, the map lights on the dome work fine and I have switched the bulbs around and it's not that.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Old 08-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

I think DOME and COURTESY lights are different....

Can you check the fuse?

Old 08-13-2011, 05:59 PM

I've been looking through manual..
I can't find what fuse it is.
Anybody point me in right direction

Old 08-14-2011, 11:31 AM

Right...Don't know if anybody can help but I have had the dome light off.
There are 3 wires. An orange, gray and black. Orange is hot all the time and that is working the two map lights in the dome. The black is ground and thats ok. The gray one has nothing. I'm guessing the gray one should be hot when you open the doors but it's not.
Where does that gray wire go to so that I can check the other end of it.
Thanks in advance

Old 09-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Default Solved Hummer H2 Courtesy Light Issue

Hi, I to had this exact same problem and I am replying so that others can fix the same issue. Yes, it is a fuse that is blown. The fuse is a 15A. It is one of the TBC fuses and they control the BCM which, has power to to the BCM. There are three of these, the one you want to check and replace is the one labeled "TBC 2B". If you are unsure of the location, look at your owners manual and see where these are. They are on the lower right corner of the fuse block on the drivers side. As I said, there are three. TBC 2A, TBC 2B and TBC 2C. After you replace the fuse, it should work again.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by kid_hummer
Hi, I to had this exact same problem and I am replying so that others can fix the same issue. Yes, it is a fuse that is blown. The fuse is a 15A. It is one of the TBC fuses and they control the BCM which, has power to to the BCM. There are three of these, the one you want to check and replace is the one labeled "TBC 2B". If you are unsure of the location, look at your owners manual and see where these are. They are on the lower right corner of the fuse block on the drivers side. As I said, there are three. TBC 2A, TBC 2B and TBC 2C. After you replace the fuse, it should work again.
Thanks for the help. Have not driven the hummer for years and I noticed that my lights are all off except for the front 2 door panels.

My reverse lamps are also off at these time, when pressing unlock on the key fob (i have locator lamps on) and when I put the car into reverse, no lamps. Hope this fixes the issue as well.

Old 01-04-2016, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by kid_hummer
Any chance someone out there can take a picture for me of the fuse block where these fuses are located. I went through all the blocks on the drivers side of the truck. Engine compartment, Drivers side dash between the door and dash and the smaller fuse block under the steering column and I can't find any fuses labeled "TBC". My H2 is an 08. Does the description above relate to the 03-07 H2's?

When opening any of the doors the only interior lights that turn on are the ones in the door. None of the overhead lights turn on. I have checked all the DIC settings in case it a selectable feature but no luck there either.

Old 02-04-2016, 10:41 PM

Just had the same issue in my 05 H2....was trying to find the climate control actuator (that's a whole different issue) and when i dropped the glove box, my thumb caught the wiring for the glove box light and the metal connector touched the latch and shorted out the map lights and glove box light. The fuse is located in the interior fuse box, not the engine fuse box. A previous post said it was fuse TBC-2B. Replaced it and nothing. Turns out it was fuse TBC-2C. All good now.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:54 AM
Default Dome light 08 H2 SUT

Domelight does not work, nor door panel lights, when any of the four doors are open. Map lights work correctly. I can rotate manual override button/dim button and manually illuminate all lights in question. Again no interior lights come on when Any door is opened.

Old 12-03-2016, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by OCFDfyrfytr
Domelight does not work, nor door panel lights, when any of the four doors are open. Map lights work correctly. I can rotate manual override button/dim button and manually illuminate all lights in question. Again no interior lights come on when Any door is opened.
Did you get an answer? I have exactly the same problem.

Quick Reply: No dome light