PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New tires coming next . any review on wrangler duratrac

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 08:56 PM
Default New tires coming next . any review on wrangler duratrac

HEllo ever1

Im putting new tires in the next 2 weeks . by my research I found the Goodyear wrangler duratrac to be a good choice , whats your review about it

Important points

-Low noise levels
-exceptional traction in wet cond ( lately rains here daily )
-Winter tires ( no snow here but planing a trip )

Old 09-24-2014, 07:20 AM

I installed a set on an H3 we had and they were very good in the snow and quiet. They would be my first choice in tires.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:48 AM

Go with Nitto, may cost more but there top end tires. Got 90k miles on a set of Nitto Tera Graplers on my 2008 H2. No noise on the road and they look great on the Hummer.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Circuitguy
Go with Nitto, may cost more but there top end tires. Got 90k miles on a set of Nitto Tera Graplers on my 2008 H2. No noise on the road and they look great on the Hummer.
Hello Circuitguy ... Due to the look Nitto was my 1 choice but after checking the few online reviews I realized this tire isnt for me .
Even the Nitto website rate this tire as follow:

DRY PERFORMANCE 3/5
WET PERFORMANCE 3/5
COMFORT 2.5/5
QUIETNESS 2.5/5
OFF-ROAD PERFORMANCE 4/5

( Trail Grappler Mud Terrain Light Truck Tire )

I really like the look of the Nitto however this tire are made for perform in mud/offroad cond which is last in my list

Old 09-24-2014, 04:48 PM

H2Miami your link is to the Trail Grappler, not Terra Grappler. I've heard and seen nothing but good things about them as well.

TH

Old 09-24-2014, 09:08 PM

im thinking of going with the kumho road venture mt's or Firestone destination mt's ..i had seen 2 h2 here in my area with the same tires and they look good and are not too much money for a set of 5 ...

Last edited by hmer; 09-24-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:19 AM

I prefer to buy the Goodyear's or other American made tires and support an American company employing American workers.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by tharber
H2Miami your link is to the Trail Grappler, not Terra Grappler. I've heard and seen nothing but good things about them as well.

TH
You are right .. I didnt realized that

The Terra is much better
link
Terra Grappler All-Terrain Light Truck Tire

Old 09-25-2014, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by hmer
im thinking of going with the kumho road venture mt's or Firestone destination mt's ..i had seen 2 h2 here in my area with the same tires and they look good and are not too much money for a set of 5 ...

I added the Kuhmo Road Venture MT's on mine and I love the hell out of them. They look meaner than hell in person. Pictures don't do them justice. Plus they are very cheap compared to other MT's. The downside is they are pretty loud at highway speeds. Honestly though nothing the radio doesn't cancel out unless your windows are down lol.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I added the Kuhmo Road Venture MT's on mine and I love the hell out of them. They look meaner than hell in person. Pictures don't do them justice. Plus they are very cheap compared to other MT's. The downside is they are pretty loud at highway speeds. Honestly though nothing the radio doesn't cancel out unless your windows are down lol.
Hi lojac ... Kuhmo AT is what I got now , I like them , I put 70,000 on those tires free of problems , I just want to try a different ones ,The noise on the Kuhmo at is not the worse but Im trying to get ones more quiet

IM btw the Goodyear duratrac and the Nitto Terra Grappler

Last edited by H2Miami; 09-25-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Quick Reply: New tires coming next . any review on wrangler duratrac