PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New red marker lights!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 09:42 PM

MP- those look about right for the center roof lights. Let me know how they work! The seals that were on the replacement lights i got were already glued on. I searched my link and it doesnt have the seals listed individually. Maybe they come preattached on those as well. Let me know how yours work out, i may be interested in ordering just to get the old seals out. Do you have a sunroof? Maybe you have a clog somewhere... Dunno, but good luck in finding a resolution!

Old 05-16-2015, 05:29 AM

Yes it has a sunroof. The water only comes down behind the A pillar through the dash and onto the drivers left foot. The headliner is not affected at all as far as I can tell. I don't know enough about the sunroof drains to rule them out. Guess I'll research it some more.

Update: I just checked the sunroof drains and in the front at least, they are not clogged. Water flows easily out on to the ground from the drain holes in the wheel wells. No leaks seen or felt from the tubes. I'm thinking it's still the Drivers Marker light where the big hole is with all of the wires. I will attempt to recaulk it again as well as change out the center marker light seals. Sorry to hijack your thread. Thanks for your assistance.

Last edited by mp51998; 05-16-2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:48 PM

I put on some cheap Ebay "tinted" clearance lights... bad idea! spray tinted them and they look much better but I'm just waiting on a pair of recons to try in place of the originals that I saved to put back on just in case.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:20 PM

What did you use to spray tint them?
When you get the recons- could you post a couple of pics with them installed? I would like to see some good pics of them but nobody ever has any. Im curious how they look.
The originals look the best in my opinion! Maybe im just wierd, but i just love the big amber and red lights! If i could- i would put more on!

Old 05-28-2015, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by Crawdaddyjc
What did you use to spray tint them?
When you get the recons- could you post a couple of pics with them installed? I would like to see some good pics of them but nobody ever has any. Im curious how they look.
The originals look the best in my opinion! Maybe im just wierd, but i just love the big amber and red lights! If i could- i would put more on!

I used VHT Night shades on the cheapy tinted covers once they arrived they were practically clear with chrome bases. not preferable since I was looking for more black. the VHT Night shades covered nicely on the lenses and the chrome bases of the light though I admit to practicing by painting a few water bottles first to get the shading right before I painted the lenses themselves. My brother has a lifted F150 and suggested VHT to me. He used it for most of his lights and it has held up really surprisingly well.

I will post pics of the Recons when I get them but honestly the temp fix on the cheap covers is going to have to work a little longer. I got a little side tracked when my brother bought lift keys for my birthday and I purchased much needed Bilstein 5100's and a torsion key unloading tool changing priorities of a few other purchases.