PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Owner - Multiple Electrical Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Default New Owner - Multiple Electrical Question

I'm a new owner of a 2005 H2. So far I love it to death. I got a great deal on it (least I think I did) but I bought it knowing I had two issues. I've hunted everywhere and can't seem to figure this out so I am coming here in hopes of some assistance.

My H2 has a factory DVD system. It also has a built in air pump in the backend. Problem is, neither of them power on. I have searched high and low, checked every single fuse in both fuse boxes and for the life of me I can't figure out why neither of them will power on. (I am "guessing" the air pump should turn on by just pressing the switch. No need to have it attached to anything...is this correct?)

Since both seem to be power issues I am wondering if for some odd reason they are on the same power line/fuse and I just cannot locate it because it is in some odd location other than the regular fuse boxes?

Even with my manual it's difficult to tell which fuse would be for these two "accessories" but I have checked every single fuse and they are all good from what I can tell. Does anyone have any other ideas? If I could find an easy way to hook up my meter and actually test for power I would, but both the DVD system (headrests) and the air pump look like they will take some disassembly to get to them. I was thinking of tackling it this weekend but am hoping there might be an easier solution to try first.

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-26-2010, 07:58 PM

do you have the air ride system , i am thinking the pump is for that ,what happens when the button on the dash for the air ride system is pushed ?
I have heard that somebody on the web was selling the gm maintance books on dvd
and if that had the wiring on it you could trace it that way.
good luck and keep us up to date on what you find .mike

Old 05-26-2010, 09:57 PM

Sorry, I didn't explain it very well. The air pump I'm referring to is the tire inflator/compressor unit that is in the rear cargo area.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:19 PM

I think the engine needs to be running for the rear Air Compressor to turn on.