PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Gauge Face For my H2

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 05:47 AM
Default New Gauge Face For my H2

I just changed my 07 - H2 Gauge face with the escalade style from usspeedo - I really like it

I always thought the illumination was white (kinda warm white) and a little dull looking, however I thought the font style was OK - I thought a more aggressive font type would always look better. So after looking around I bought the face plate replacement and I am very very happy.

I also found out the interior lighting is really a very light blue, not white - the back of the stock gauge plate had a light blue filter, however when illuminated - looks dull white

The new gauge face has a deeper blue color to it - (pic attached) - I also changed the gauge needles to red for a better contrast - the new color looks awesome and is more soothing to the eyes and brings out the blue in the rest of the interior lighting - what a difference

The font type looks more sophisticated and cleaner looking and fits the H2 look better IMO

It was pretty easy to install, however it took me a long time to put the needles back on correctly - I had to keep taking them off and adjusting them until I got them correct

The set up cost me about 170.00 for the gauge face and needles

Attached Thumbnails New Gauge Face For my H2-img_7960.jpg  
Old 07-10-2011, 09:40 AM

Wow....looks great. Love the blue colour! Indy

Old 07-11-2011, 12:04 PM

dang that does look good! I would hate to pull mine out and change it. Those guage clusters are such a pain in the butt to deal with. I had one go bad on me and it cost my tail to get a new one!

Old 07-13-2011, 06:14 AM

Believe it or not it was pretty easy - it took about 30 min. And was pretty straight forward - it just took a few times to get the needles on correctly so they would be accurate - I am not a great mechanic either, however I did do this pretty easy - I looked up a few YouTube vids to see how to do it

Old 07-16-2011, 10:42 PM

NICE! This was just the face replacement? Was it hard to crack open the clear plastic cover? I have a dead spider in mine which drives me nuts LOL.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:13 AM

Nope -the plastic face cover just pops off - anyone can do this - almost everything is held in by clips and a few bolts

Old 07-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

I've done this a few times on a few vehicles... and my most important advice I have is "MAKE SURE YOUR HANDS ARE CLEAN!!!!"

Old 07-18-2011, 01:36 PM

I really like this mod! I want to do it! Gosh if I mess up I am in big trouble!

Old 07-18-2011, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator

I think I got lucky having a 2003.... it came stock with white face... and that's what I've put in everything I have owned...

my 2007... not a fan of the faces... but my wife drives it... so it's not my issue....

Old 07-24-2011, 07:12 AM

This is a easy mod - you take off the 6 hex head bolts that hold the left & center air vents and then the leftvair vent assembly pops out (held on ehth clips) pull the center air vent back (held on with clips) however you don't need the take the center air vent out, it just pops forward enough so you can get to the gauges.

There are 2 more hex yeas screws on the left and right of the steering wheel, and once those are out the gauge cover pops off.

The last thing is there are 4 more small bolts the hold the cluster in place - once those are out -un plig the cluster and you can work on it

I used latex gloves (washed the powder off of them) and using a small flat head screw driver - poped off the plastic gauge cover, and then you can work on it - the gauge face plate just comes off after you take the needles off (instructions are included as well as a piece of paper with the copy of the gauge face so you can mark the position of the gauge needles)

I did make a mistake with the needles a few times and had to take them off and put them on again - was not hard

If you YouTube usspeedo gauge replacement or change - there are a bunch of vids showing how to do it - it took me about 30 mins and is pretty easy - the pieces come off in a way you won't scratch anything