PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Air Suspension Problem..Need Ideas...

Old 01-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Default New Air Suspension Problem..Need Ideas...

OK...my '03 has had air leaks for about 2 months..I have read this site a few times and had come to the conclusion to just remove the whole system and put in coils...then the strangest thing happened..

My leak is on the passenger side..it is intermittent..when it is leaking it is LOUD like the air line is totally cut and its fast (leaks from full inflation to bump stop in under a minute)

Is there some kind of electronic solenoid or valve on the bag that releases when it senses too much pressure or something? The reason I ask is that when I get my forklift behind the truck with the compressor running (engine on..doors closed) and lift the back end of the truck up by the trailer hitch until the compressor shuts off then slowly lower it until the compressor kicks back it it will pump all the way up and wont leak at all for a full week and sometimes more...then one morning you will come outside and its leaked all the way down again..start the truck and the compressor will pump it up about 2 inches or so then the air leaking sounds starts and it will NOT get past this point without the fork lift..lift it with the fork lift and your good at full inflation with NO leaks for another week

Ideas???

Ryan

Old 01-28-2011, 09:42 AM

mine was the same way , '03 H2 with 85K original air bags, some times it would be fine for weeks on end, but if I parked on an angle or unlevel surface it would leak out & have a droupy ***. Drive me nuts for months & months, until I finnally purchased new air bags, I would keep the air ride, if your compressor & everthing else works, its simple to change the air bags & realitively inexpensive, the hardest part is getting the air line off. There is a youtube video with detailed installation process.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:45 AM

you may have a bad sensor on the passenger side, (not telling the compressor to stop running once it reaches the correct height), reach in the right wheel well & tap in the sensor move it manually & see if this stops it from running

Old 01-28-2011, 11:15 AM

thanks for the quick reply

the sensor shuts the compressor off as it should..really the main question i had was why would the fork lift raising the truck to get it past the point where the leak usually starts keep it from leaking again..its like as it raises up the bag hangs or something and leaks and then as the lift raises it it pumps right on up and stays normal...its very strange

Old 01-28-2011, 01:29 PM

IMO, you have a tear near the top of the bag & when you raise the truck past the leakage point & set the truck back down it seals the exposed leak, kind of hard to explain, the leaks mainly start where the airbag rolls into itself, hopefully this makes sense to you. its going to drive you nuts until you put a fresh set of airbags under that thing.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:55 PM

this does make more sense thinking about it that way...I wasnt doubting that it was the bag..just confused as to how lifting the truck could cause it to stop...but the way you say it sounds feasible...thanks

Ryan

Old 06-12-2011, 07:28 PM

I have the SAME PROBLEM and 2 dealers said it is MODULE NOT BAGS! It is an out-flow problem on module. I push my rear-end lift button and bag/hoses hold fine. A leak in the bag would not do this. FYI

Old 07-07-2011, 12:57 PM

I still have this problem..anyone know where this out-flow solenoid is?

Old 07-08-2011, 11:41 PM

"My leak is on the passenger side..it is intermittent..when it is leaking it is LOUD like the air line is totally cut and its fast (leaks from full inflation to bump stop in under a minute)" I also have the same problem. The compressor will fill them up and hold some times for a week. But now I have a new problem. Before I could get the bags replaced the compressor stopped comming on to fill the bags. Is it possible that the compressor died from over working during the times when the valve would randomly let the air out and stay open and?

Old 07-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Default Suspension Leak

I have an 03 H2 and besides already replacing the air bags twice for the suspension. I got home today and the motor just keeps running all I could do is unplug the battery..Anyone have a suggestion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Air Suspension Problem..Need Ideas...