PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW 2006 H2 Project TOTAL transformation

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 08:50 AM

Love that Fusion orange. ThunderCat you look a bit younger than I would have guessed

Old 04-17-2015, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gunner_45
Dude, get over yourself.
If you truly did all of this work because you love HUMMERs in general and this one in particular,
you should not need a heapin’ helpin’ of comments, compliments and accolades to
make you feel all warm and fuzzy.
Just sayin’.
We hurt is his ego by not praising him...
I don't get why he's mad otherwise. If he did the whole project to impress people on the internet, then good for him, but he shouldn't expect to be the messiah of HummerForums (or any other forum for that matter).

Where's the $40K+ diesel conversion that MANY other people have done? How's the new power increase compare? Where's the pics of the Fox Shocks? I'd like to compare them to the Kings I'll be installing. Shots of the breaks? Info on stopping distance w/ the new breaks? Anything else?

There's so much to be discussed from this upgrade, that I'm kinda shocked how all of this turned out. I was actually hoping for more pics, specifically, the interior. All this work and 4 shots of what looks like the SUT version of my H2 Silver Ice LE? Where's the shots of any customization other than paint color? Wheels don't count.

I wish him the best, especially driving a Jeep (Chrysler).

Old 04-17-2015, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by 2006sut
Just got my Hummer H2 back from the Paint Shop !!! They did a great job !! here are some photos
Looks great!! Enjoy.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:30 PM

Thank you, I will enjoy......What's funny is over 3,000 views and only 5 different people have commented on what is by far the biggest build on the this whole site (PERIOD), and perhaps the biggest Hummer build in the US. That's right, outside of some SEMA show Hummer 5 years ago, that is all jacked up, you cannot drive and some crazy paint job, ..oh and by the way.. the owner was GIVEN all the parts and accessories. Here is a Hummer that is loved, and I guess I love Hummers so much I wanted it to be perfect, from interior, to shocks to engine etc... The majority of the Threads on this site are complaints...something leaking and something rattles, pops, or what ever...I though this site would embrace a "total transformation", but instead this site wants to complaint about their Hummers...Well this is my last time on this site..I will close it tomorrow..outside of about 5 or 6 of you...the rest do not even deserve to see this work of art....What happen to Hummer owners? I have a 2015 Jeep Rubicon, and every time I see a Jeep, the owner waves Hi.....what do you do when you see a Hummer.....? If its nicer than yours do you "give him the bird", or if it's not as good as yours, do you ignore him.....I thought there was a camaraderie among Hummer owners....I guess I was wrong...Does not matter, I'm drive the best Hummer H2 SUT on this Planet Earth, and no matter what pulls up next to my Hummer the owner is going to say damn....I will never be embarrassed to pull into any restaurant. So enjoy this site
Money doesn't earn respect...
Blood, sweat and tears do...

When you pull every bolt out of something and put every bolt back in. Knowing that you did it yourself is the only compliment one should need.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:09 AM

I couldn't agree more. Hummers are back on the rise. Looks Great - What all did you do with interior? I am aware of Katzkin but noticed the passenger grab bar looks freshly wrapped. Did you do other stuff as well? How much was the interior from Katzkin? I also am wrapping up a total restoration. I stripped and fresh powder coated a 2004 Chassis and replaced every part. Essentially a 0 mile chassis. Just finished replacing the drivetrain with a 44k mile 2006 Duramax LBZ/6speed Allision. I just drove it out of the garage yesterday after a 6 months of chassis work. Now on to the cosmetics.

Old 04-22-2015, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by bknapp
I couldn't agree more. Hummers are back on the rise. Looks Great - What all did you do with interior? I am aware of Katzkin but noticed the passenger grab bar looks freshly wrapped. Did you do other stuff as well? How much was the interior from Katzkin? I also am wrapping up a total restoration. I stripped and fresh powder coated a 2004 Chassis and replaced every part. Essentially a 0 mile chassis. Just finished replacing the drivetrain with a 44k mile 2006 Duramax LBZ/6speed Allision. I just drove it out of the garage yesterday after a 6 months of chassis work. Now on to the cosmetics.
Please start a build thread. Lots of pics. There is a lot of interest on dura max swaps.

Cool build!!!

Old 04-23-2015, 07:43 AM

It was a very steep learning curve to get it right. Initially, I paid someone a consulting fee for their expertise on previous H2 Builds. But, as I became fully immersed in the project, I realized there were improvements to be made in his build design. Most notably the deletion of the H2's 4wd traction control. He and other professional builders are under the assumption that it's not possible to keep it. They swap to the Duramax donor's 2WD ABS and the 4wd TC (which is fairly sophisticated - here is a link Hummer H2 Powertrain description. ) of H2 is gone. What a waste and simply false. It can be done and works exactly as Hummer intended. Had I known the risks and difficulty then I'm sure I would not have taken on the project. (glad I didn't know) The swap it's self is not difficult but the outcome for guessing can be hideous and expensive. I've recently seen some crazy attempts. Did you happen to see one recently with the fiberglass hood cut and raised about 6 inches in order to get the engine to fit? The project was/is rewarding and I'm planning another build.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:03 AM
Default give me lovin

Thank you, I will enjoy......What's funny is over 3,000 views and only 5 different people have commented on what is by far the biggest build on the this whole site (PERIOD), and perhaps the biggest Hummer build in the US. That's right, outside of some SEMA show Hummer 5 years ago, that is all jacked up, you cannot drive and some crazy paint job, ..oh and by the way.. the owner was GIVEN all the parts and accessories. Here is a Hummer that is loved, and I guess I love Hummers so much I wanted it to be perfect, from interior, to shocks to engine etc... The majority of the Threads on this site are complaints...something leaking and something rattles, pops, or what ever...I though this site would embrace a "total transformation", but instead this site wants to complaint about their Hummers...Well this is my last time on this site..I will close it tomorrow..outside of about 5 or 6 of you...the rest do not even deserve to see this work of art....What happen to Hummer owners? I have a 2015 Jeep Rubicon, and every time I see a Jeep, the owner waves Hi.....what do you do when you see a Hummer.....? If its nicer than yours do you "give him the bird", or if it's not as good as yours, do you ignore him.....I thought there was a camaraderie among Hummer owners....I guess I was wrong...Does not matter, I'm drive the best Hummer H2 SUT on this Planet Earth, and no matter what pulls up next to my Hummer the owner is going to say damn....I will never be embarrassed to pull into any restaurant. So enjoy this site
Holy **** do you need that much attention that you now will boycott the site, Numerous people have said that you did a great job and i will agree with that. Not everyone has the resources to do what you did but in the same sense I think everyone here thinks they have something unique and love it just as much.
If you want someone to praise you as some hummer god then you are on a cloud that cannot be touched and its not going to happen. Sorry for being so honest but we are men and women here that all have a common interest and your hummer is great but its not the holy grail that surpasses everyone else.
Get over being the best and come back down to earth and you will be welcome here just as everyone else is.

Old 04-28-2015, 08:42 AM

I was digging it until I read that temper tantrum. Greatest H2 build?? Not even man. It's quite the mall crawler I'll give you that. I'd take my H2 over yours any day of the week.
I'll speak for myself but I'm sure others agree, I'd be impressed if you did a SAS or diesel conversation yourself.
You're SUT is badass, no doubt. But claiming the greatest build is kinda disrespectful to people that have put alot of work into their rig, not just money.

Meet me any trail and if you keep up I'll eat my words.[IMG][/IMG]

Old 04-28-2015, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by bknapp
It was a very steep learning curve to get it right. Initially, I paid someone a consulting fee for their expertise on previous H2 Builds. But, as I became fully immersed in the project, I realized there were improvements to be made in his build design. Most notably the deletion of the H2's 4wd traction control. He and other professional builders are under the assumption that it's not possible to keep it. They swap to the Duramax donor's 2WD ABS and the 4wd TC (which is fairly sophisticated - here is a link Hummer H2 Powertrain description. ) of H2 is gone. What a waste and simply false. It can be done and works exactly as Hummer intended. Had I known the risks and difficulty then I'm sure I would not have taken on the project. (glad I didn't know) The swap it's self is not difficult but the outcome for guessing can be hideous and expensive. I've recently seen some crazy attempts. Did you happen to see one recently with the fiberglass hood cut and raised about 6 inches in order to get the engine to fit? The project was/is rewarding and I'm planning another build.
It sounds like Duraburb does this in their all-duty conversion.
From what I gather, you get 2wd, 4wd hi, 4wd lo. They "add" a switch to manually lock the rear diff, but still allow you to use 4wd hi as AWD, so you basically get 4 modes vs 3, with the addition of 2wd.

I wish a knew more to expand on the topic.
As you can probably tell, I'd get someone to do the work. I'd love to have the time / experience to do the swap.

If you end up doing another project, please make a build log. They are always interesting.

Quick Reply: NEW 2006 H2 Project TOTAL transformation