PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

NEW 2006 H2 Project TOTAL transformation

Old 02-24-2015, 06:49 PM
Default NEW 2006 H2 Project TOTAL transformation

Hello to all, Im back in a Hummer H2, allow me to tell my story. I had a 2005 SUT bought new in 2005 had it for 4 years, totally fixed it up and sold it. Long story, I can tell at another time. We fast forward to 2014 Dec. I ordered a new 2015 Land Rover/Range Rover ($95,000.00) well they did not have any for me to drive so I put a nice deposit down on one anyway, love the looks...well about 3 weeks later they had a Used 2015 Range Rover and I drove it, and it was so boring to drive, the look out the windshield was so uninspiring. And the ride was soft and dead....well I asked for my deposit back, (no issues) and I looked at the Q80 Limited, it was nice but gosh, with this body style, you have to buy a new one ever other year, because they change so fast....but one vehicle I never got tired of was a Hummer H2, I loved the hood and all the angles, especially where the windshield wipers go in......and I could go on and on, but anyway I thought hey with a Hummer you never have to worry about what's coming out next year, and the prices are going up..people are realizing that this vehicle gives a great ride, is reliable, safe, and is different, you just do not see them that often. So I decided to buy one and total fix it up. I put new 16 inch Wilwoods, 6 piston brakes front and back (Brembo does not offer them this big) and then I put Fox racing shock w/res, Helwig anti-sway bars front and back, change all the interior to Kat-skins leather, 8 inch DVD in head rests, swede leather on head liner, and parts of the dash. New gauges, new thicker steering wheel, 24 inch wheels 325/50/24 tires and now its at the paint shop, Im am going with Nardo Grey (audi color) unless anyone has a better idea. I love the loud colors but....it is going to be my everyday driver. I will post some photos
a video, Let me know if you have any color idea, or parts

Attached Thumbnails NEW 2006 H2 Project TOTAL transformation-blue-wheels-tape.jpg   NEW 2006 H2 Project TOTAL transformation-borla.jpg   NEW 2006 H2 Project TOTAL transformation-inter17.jpg   NEW 2006 H2 Project TOTAL transformation-interior12.jpg   NEW 2006 H2 Project TOTAL transformation-super-charger-5.jpg  

Old 02-24-2015, 06:56 PM
Default Hummer H2 2006 Project SUT

Here is a video, I still have not made up my mind on color to paint it...95% going with Nardo Grey (Audi color) Yes?

Old 02-24-2015, 07:49 PM

Congrats on the truck! I just picked up my 2006 SUT on Saturday. Sold my 04 H2 a year and a half ago and regretted it ever since. Wasn't going with an SUT but realized they are getting more rare. Mine is white and pretty much black everything else. Wish I had the funds to do what you are doing but getting to the color I would say Yes to the gray. Great color... And keep us updated. Now if I only could find a tonneau cover for reasonable price I'd be set for now ( people think it's gold for what they sell for). Good luck!!!

Old 02-25-2015, 06:54 AM

Great project and a much better choice than those other brands. I like all the mods you are doing especially the Kat Skinz interior. That is going to be a striking vehicle when finished so I would opt for a BOLDER color.

Don't forget to have them install a transcooler to bypass the one in the radiator.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Great project and a much better choice than those other brands. I like all the mods you are doing especially the Kat Skinz interior. That is going to be a striking vehicle when finished so I would opt for a BOLDER color.

Don't forget to have them install a transcooler to bypass the one in the radiator.
Transcooler bypass? is this for the engine or transmission?

Old 02-25-2015, 08:11 AM
Default Video

Im going to try to downloan the video again..I was able to put it up on the SUT site of this forum.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:12 AM
Old 02-25-2015, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by markiemark
Congrats on the truck! I just picked up my 2006 SUT on Saturday. Sold my 04 H2 a year and a half ago and regretted it ever since. Wasn't going with an SUT but realized they are getting more rare. Mine is white and pretty much black everything else. Wish I had the funds to do what you are doing but getting to the color I would say Yes to the gray. Great color... And keep us updated. Now if I only could find a tonneau cover for reasonable price I'd be set for now ( people think it's gold for what they sell for). Good luck!!!
I love white, I was actually thinking about painting mine white, but I keep going back to originality...(in that..) no one has Nardo Grey. However I love the Cat-orange/red, and Dozer yellow (kinda tan) I will keep you posted on the changes. Hoping to have this project done in one month.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:52 AM
Thumbs up

Awesome Project , looks great, I'm on my 2nd H2 also, Mine was a limited production color Fusion Orange, gets a ton of complements... I think Pearl White would look sick on your rig, Funny I had a white '03 H2 for 5 years, then I replaced it with an Escalade , that lasted 6 months as I started to notice I would pass 10 Identical Escalades each day... The SUT is so rare, mine a keeper for sure & yours will be also.. good luck keep us posted - more details on the super charger

Attached Thumbnails NEW 2006 H2 Project TOTAL transformation-h2-20x10.jpg   NEW 2006 H2 Project TOTAL transformation-h2-rzr.jpg  
Old 02-26-2015, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Thunder Cat
Awesome Project , looks great, I'm on my 2nd H2 also, Mine was a limited production color Fusion Orange, gets a ton of complements... I think Pearl White would look sick on your rig, Funny I had a white '03 H2 for 5 years, then I replaced it with an Escalade , that lasted 6 months as I started to notice I would pass 10 Identical Escalades each day... The SUT is so rare, mine a keeper for sure & yours will be also.. good luck keep us posted - more details on the super charger
Thanks, I like the pearl white also but Im trying to stay away from metal flake...I love the look but matching it down the road is a bitc&. I love your color ! I was thinking about a Dozer yellow, your thoughts... Hear is another short video I took yesterday when I visited the shop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEW 2006 H2 Project TOTAL transformation