PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with Wheel nuts

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 06:18 PM
Default Need some help with Wheel nuts

I live in the UK and have just bought a 2005 imported H2, I have come to change the wheel and dont have the correct socket for the wheel nut. Its a 7 point wheel nut. This is not standard in the UK, can you advise me if 7 point is normal in the US? Im really struggling to find a socket to fit the wheel nuts in the UK. the wheels are not standard Hummer wheels but 21" and the only markings I can see are H2C..... Any ideas??

Old 10-24-2010, 06:26 PM
twr

Hi post a picture of the wheel nut. I have seen 6,8,9 with spline drive but not 7

Last edited by twr; 10-24-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:11 PM

Im out of the country at the minute, but will get a photo sent to me later today and post it.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:06 PM

Did you check the glove box and air hose bag to make sure the nut wasn't in either place? There are two areas in the glove box, the main large one and also a smaller one to the left of it thats a good and frequent place to store those type items. If they aren't there then you may be in a position to where your only option is to have them cut off. I was able to do this with an old truck using a dremel tool but will know more when you post a picture.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:45 PM

Pauldy,

I have checked the glove box and nothing, I didnt get an air hose bag? Im guessing that in the two years its been in the UK the wheels have never been off. The problem really is the nuts are recessed and a standard socket wont fit over the top of the nut. i will try and attach a pic now, but like I say ill get my wife to take a close up pic and will post later. thanks for help so far.

Attached Thumbnails Need some help with Wheel nuts-wheel.jpg  
Old 10-25-2010, 03:07 AM

You would only have that little black back if your came with the air ride and had the compressor in the back. I was under the impression you were dealing with a locking nut but judging from the image I would have to think that chrome has to come away from those nuts or something cause that is just a tight fit not a security nut.

Old 10-25-2010, 03:36 AM

I have the Air pack with compressor, I guess it must have got lost when it got shipped to the UK? What exactley is in the pack? Can you still purchase them in the states?
Thanks for the advice them being a cap, i tried to pop one off but it wasnt budging, so I thought it must be a nut? Any suggestions on how to pop one off??

Ill get the better pic posted to see what you think.

Thanks for your help, very much appreciated

Old 10-25-2010, 06:38 AM

Ive posted a couple of pic's, I would appreciate your opinions as to if you think they are wheel nuts or as now suspected caps. If they are caps how do you normally get them off, I did attempt to pop a couple off to see if they were caps. But no movement, there arnt to many cars in the UK with wheels like these so excuse me for sounding a bit thick asking, but most garages wouldnt have much of an idea either.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Need some help with Wheel nuts-sany0072.jpg   Need some help with Wheel nuts-sany0073.jpg  
Old 10-25-2010, 12:37 PM

From the picture, it looks like wheel locks. In the US, you can buy a set of lug nuts which uses a lug nut key to torque each one. You may be able to purchase a key from teh manufacturer if you know who made them, if not, you may have to cut them off.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:58 PM

I agree with Cypress KC... It looks like you need to find the manufacture of those lugs to get their tool.

I have gorilla lugs on my truck, unfortunately they have a 6 prong lug as oppose to your 7 prong lug... Best of luck searching

Quick Reply: Need some help with Wheel nuts