PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need advice for Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Default Need advice for Speakers

Hello every1

Im going to replace the Amp and speakers .. With so many option Im lost . Im looking for quality sound , no need to be super loud . No Sub but still get a decent deep bass

What size are the speakers fitting without mod

Do I need to replace the 2 on the back and the two tweeters .. I rather to replace the doors only

Any advise on Speakers size , brand , Amp appreciated

Btw Would like to get quality but keep into a reasonable budget ..

For Amp Im looking to this one :
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130GMD8...er-reviews-tab

Thank you

Last edited by H2Miami; 12-01-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:25 PM

Hellooooooo ... anyone

Old 12-03-2014, 04:24 PM

alpine is a great option for both amp an speakers. and I had to use kenwood for the 2 in very back.. just know in advance when you do this you lose turn signal chime , door chime
and on star. none of these 3 is a great loss. you lose this because you dont use the bose amp once you replace them

Old 12-03-2014, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by dr.drew2
alpine is a great option for both amp an speakers. and I had to use kenwood for the 2 in very back.. just know in advance when you do this you lose turn signal chime , door chime
and on star. none of these 3 is a great loss. you lose this because you dont use the bose amp once you replace them
Thank you for the input ...I ended with a pioneer .. I know it is not the first choice for many people but decide to give a try after reading hundreds of good reviews about the speakers . the Amp is a 2014 model with not many reviews but the few are goods . pushing 100W x 4 @ 4 Ohm ..
I dont really looking for loud audio but quality with decent bass without adding a Subw .
After install the kenwood HU there was a noise on speakers coming from the bose Amp.
Then replace Bose amp for a cheap brand amp and the sound turn out to be pessimal. Then spend more $ on this pioneer amp/spk which should be enough for my needs (hopefully)

I lost the chimes after installing the first Stereo .. I told the guy to not connect the chimes which I dont like .. I would paid to lose Onstar ( Next project to remove it and replace with anything else )

Which Kenwood speakers would you recommend for the back .. May keep the Oe tweeters with the Pioneer system or need to replace it ?

Will install on Saturday . I will post reviews on Monday

Last edited by H2Miami; 12-03-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:05 PM

Ending replacing the speakers and Amp . Took me 1 day to do all .
run speakers wires from OM amp under center console to the rear seat for new amp
4 way pioneer speakers 60 watts Rms
pioneer amp 100x4 @4ohm Rms
sounds much better than Oem system
Bass is decent , do not expect a sub sound from a 6.5 speeker but it is more than ok .
sound quality is great and it can gets a lot of louder than Oe
btw the front Oem speakers are 6.5 , rear are smaller but you can use 6.5 all around without mod .
So far Im very happy with the system perform , I dont need to compete or play music for the neighborhood , just quality sound while drive and this system gets me there for less than $250

Last photo is the POS amp that was installed by a car audio shop

Need advice for Speakers-screenshots_2014-12-07-14-37-52.jpg

Need advice for Speakers-screenshots_2014-12-07-14-39-41.jpg

Need advice for Speakers-screenshots_2014-12-07-14-42-02.jpg

Need advice for Speakers-20141207_130346.jpg

Last edited by H2Miami; 12-09-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:38 PM

If I were going to replace my OEM speakers in my Deuce would definitely go with Infinity Kapa series they sound aammaazzinngg ! I had them in my H3 and you hear parts of a song you never heard before.

Old 12-09-2014, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by ak47dennis
If I were going to replace my OEM speakers in my Deuce would definitely go with Infinity Kapa series they sound aammaazzinngg ! I had them in my H3 and you hear parts of a song you never heard before.
I do agree Infinity Kapa are great but price was a little over my budget . After New HU , Amp , Etc budget was tight
The pioneer were enough for what I need @ much lower price, are very loud without distortion ... I will said Im 90% happy with the way they perform . Could use a little more highs , next step get a compact Sub with amp built in and the 2 speaker for the back pillars .
I would like to try the Infinity K on the rear door , May get a pair in a while after buying the Sub .

Old 05-15-2016, 02:24 AM

Hey Miami, Are you powering all the speakers from before ? I currently have the bose premium package, (i have a center speaker) 2 way component in the front, i think just single midrange in rear doors, and a couple of speakers in the back. I'm thinking of going aftermarket. You said you could go 6.5s all the way round ? Do you remember the size of the tweeters by chance ?
Am leaning for Hertz MPK165.3 but wondering if the tweeters will fit behind existing grills.

thx

Old 05-15-2016, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
Hey Miami, Are you powering all the speakers from before ? I currently have the bose premium package, (i have a center speaker) 2 way component in the front, i think just single midrange in rear doors, and a couple of speakers in the back. I'm thinking of going aftermarket. You said you could go 6.5s all the way round ? Do you remember the size of the tweeters by chance ?
Am leaning for Hertz MPK165.3 but wondering if the tweeters will fit behind existing grills.

thx
If you asking for the rear tweetees ... I tried to replaced but the 2 different brands. I got from amazon didn't fit behind the grill
Id didn't want to change the grill
If you find the right one let me know .
I will be switching to Kapas , will be a good idea to replace those and the smalls on the front pillars

Old 05-15-2016, 10:06 AM

You think they're tweeters in the back ? I was trying to tell the guys in the custom install place that I wanted to keep them as part of the equation, but they were of the impression they should be abandoned so as to not mess about with the balance. I know they want me to abandon my center speaker, leaving me with 2 tweeters up front and 4 midrange (doors), but am tempted to go for a JBL m8 DPS which could give me 5.1 sound again, so when i eventually get KODI/XMBC running in the car, it can be 5.1 for everyone.

Can I check, do you have the sizes of the tweeters you bought from amazon ? So as to change my plans if the tweeters i'm looking at are too big.

Quick Reply: Need advice for Speakers