PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My H2 Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 05:19 PM
Default My H2 Hummer

Hi i am new and i just bought my 1st.toy a 03 H2 white Hummer with the chrome pkg.I love the look of a Hummer.Well the 1st thing that happen was i tore the whole thing of where the license plate is and i took it to the body shop and he said i had brocken the whole latch and now i can't open the back.The Chev.place wonts 450.00 for a new one.Do anyone know where i can order one cheaper? Well last night i drove it out to dinner and when i was playing around with the cruse crontrol my speed ormenter must have broke because it is stuck on a 100 MPH.When i turn it back on it is still stuck.Whats up with that.Now i can't tell how fast i am driving.
Did i get a lemon?Need your help,Thanks Jeanette

Old 05-30-2010, 08:15 PM

Welcome to the forum, Jeanette, and congrats on your new Hummer. It sounds like your instrument cluster has gone belly up. It will need to be replaced. As far as the latch, it sounds like that broke, too. Sorry to hear about it.

I bought my H2 used and I had to go through the process of fixing things. Luckily, I bought an extended warranty right away. Now it is trouble free and the wife and I love driving it. Get the cluster and latch fixed and you will, too.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:09 AM

The instrument cluster has been a problem with alot of GM trucks. We have had all 6 of the gauge clusters replaced in our work trucks. It is not just Hummers.
As far as the rear license plate unit. Mine was broke also. It has metal clips on the back that just shoves into slots in the liftgate. I drilled (4) 1/4" holes ( 2 upper, 2 lower ) then went to the hardware store and bought 1/4 well-nuts (they're rubber and expand when a screw is run into them and tightened). I pushed the plate holder into the liftgate and put in the 4 black screws. Nobody has ever noticed it. While I was repairing this, I ordered an all billet handle for the liftgate and installed a billet license plate frame.
$80 for the handle, $20 for the license plate frame and $4 for the screws and well nuts. Check on eBay for your gauge cluster. I can have my cluster out and back in, in half an hour. There are rebuilt gauge clusters out there.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:33 PM

Thanks for all your help.Will seen whats on E-Bay.

Old 06-01-2010, 07:14 PM

You might want to check Ebay by searching "H2 HUMMER SPEEDOMETER CLUSTER REPAIR." This appears to be a very inexpensive fix if you have someone that can remove/replace the cluster for you. You can still drive your H2 while it is being repaired.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by hummersapp
hey guys, why dont you check out the "hummers" app in the app store on your iphone. some cool picture and a bit of information all for 99 cents!!!

its a bargain few pimped ones in there too!!!
Spamming the forum is not going to endear you to the members.