Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

my ac is wierd

Old 08-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Default my ac is wierd

I too am having air conditioning problems. my ac blows cold when im moving at 25mph or faster but blows warm at traffic lights when im stopped. And blows warmer for 10 seconds when im acccelerating from the light. I saw an old tsb bullitin about a low pass switch for the ac. Has anyone experienced this. It has been hot out 96F but it has never done this before. A neiborhood shop said the freon was full. I also have a newer condensor and radiator and grill courtesy of a big monster ford with a trailer hitch.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:43 PM

I'm seeing the same behavior, usually when outside temp is about 92F or higher. I, too, have a new compressor and the system has been fully checked out.

It is somewhat frustrating...been thinking about adding an electric fan to keep air flowing across the condensor.

I also wonder if my recirc is working. Whether it is on or off I can smell car fumes (shouldn't be able to if recirc is working), and usually when recirc is turned on there is an audible change in the noise level in the cabin...I have none.

Luckily, it works...just seems to struggle a bit at lights/etc.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:04 AM

Funny you guys mention it..... My compressor bit the dust in May. I replaced it and the dryer and orifice tube and mine is acting the same way as yours now......

Old 08-11-2010, 08:59 PM

I am going to the dealer tommorow near my home and will see what they say.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:20 PM

I had the same problem , on all 3 of my GM trucks , Escalade , Hummer and trailblazer , I added r134a to all 3 and havent had a problem since even when the dealer told me that the system was full and fine I did it anyway and that seemed to cure the problem , the trailblazer still does it slightly when its really hot out.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Banned

Sounds to me like a switch within the AC unit, or the ac-fan is shot and doesnt keep the condensor cool enough.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Cool

I just got my truck back from the dealer and its better than it ever has been. The tech told me there is a small screen where the the refrigerant comes through to be cooled that is there to block dirt and oil grime and it was clogged almost completely. So the refrigerant wasnt cycling through the system properly.the y reset the hvac module and They also changed the in cabin filter and cleaned and blew the lines out as the tech said. they also recharged the sytem with new compressor oil and refridgerant. On the way home I had my ac set on 73 degrees with auto on and it actually cooled my truck off to where the ac fan actually came down in speed after 10 minutes to 3/4 speed on the display. I love my truck more than ever. Changing the in cabin filter made the vents blow so well that it is seriously blowing twice as hard. I recomend you guys do that anyways and see if it helps. it is also 99 degrees here today.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:51 PM

Are the in cabin filters on anything but the original off the line '03s?

Old 08-15-2010, 07:02 PM

My H2 is a 2004. I would say almost all cars and trucks have a in cabin air filter. All of my previous cars and trucks had one. Mine looked like a very dirty engine air filter only much smaller.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by croatone
I just got my truck back from the dealer and its better than it ever has been. The tech told me there is a small screen where the the refrigerant comes through to be cooled that is there to block dirt and oil grime and it was clogged almost completely. So the refrigerant wasnt cycling through the system properly.the y reset the hvac module and They also changed the in cabin filter and cleaned and blew the lines out as the tech said. they also recharged the sytem with new compressor oil and refridgerant. On the way home I had my ac set on 73 degrees with auto on and it actually cooled my truck off to where the ac fan actually came down in speed after 10 minutes to 3/4 speed on the display. I love my truck more than ever. Changing the in cabin filter made the vents blow so well that it is seriously blowing twice as hard. I recomend you guys do that anyways and see if it helps. it is also 99 degrees here today.
The orifice has a screen on it that will get plugged up. Mine just started acting up friday just havent had the time to change it out and recharge yet.