PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mounted my new rims & tires today! 37" tires on 20" rims!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 12:22 PM

I'm going to jump in with I agree. While I dont like the all black look of some trucks. I am feeling your mods. You already know everyone is saying black brush guard.
I almost feel like chrome on the H2 = No Offroading. I dont know why. but the black says ya I get it dirty. It sounds dumb. I know I know but with all the stero types of people buying a H2 that only sees the parking lot the chrome leans me that way. Vs. black it just feel more authentic to what the H2 is really ment for.

But those rims and tires are sick.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by paulw1029
I'm going to jump in with I agree. While I dont like the all black look of some trucks. I am feeling your mods. You already know everyone is saying black brush guard.
I almost feel like chrome on the H2 = No Offroading. I dont know why. but the black says ya I get it dirty. It sounds dumb. I know I know but with all the stero types of people buying a H2 that only sees the parking lot the chrome leans me that way. Vs. black it just feel more authentic to what the H2 is really ment for.

But those rims and tires are sick.
Yup! Black just looks toughf! I'm waiting till spring to get stuff powder coated...I'm also considering a small lift & shocks!

Old 01-27-2012, 02:49 PM

Did you have to change anything at all going from stock rims and tires to those monster's?

Old 01-27-2012, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by ingydrummer
Did you have to change anything at all going from stock rims and tires to those monster's?
All I did was crank up my torsion bars...slight rub cutting wheel all the way...that's why I'm gonna buy keys/pucks to lift it just a little more.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:36 PM

looks great man!!!! You were there awhile, first pic is daylight and the next pic it's dark outside hahaha.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
looks great man!!!! You were there awhile, first pic is daylight and the next pic it's dark outside hahaha.
That's because the company that shipped the rims shipped them with the red inserts on them. obviously I don't want red inserts so I had to remove them...I might paint them the color of my truck & reinstall them....I also had to install all the bolts you see on the outside edge of the rims...lastly getting the spare on the roof was awful...those are some heavy wheels! I started at 4:30....sun goes down at 5:15...I was done by 6:30ish...I tok my time & downed a six pack!

Old 01-28-2012, 02:15 PM

Looks awesome! Tell me, did it compromised the awesome gas mileage we already get? I'm due for new tires and I was thinking of going on some awesome tires while keeping the stock rims since I was afraid it would compromise the ride. Also I'm thinking of going all blacked out too, so if you find somewhere that I can order the black grill, throw this bro a hook up.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Thumbs up Too Sweet

Your new wheels really sets it off. They look tough as all get out.. Good job, and looking good.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Are you going to wheel it now??

If so I have the time and the place....

Old 01-29-2012, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by ebzbldr
Looks awesome! Tell me, did it compromised the awesome gas mileage we already get? I'm due for new tires and I was thinking of going on some awesome tires while keeping the stock rims since I was afraid it would compromise the ride. Also I'm thinking of going all blacked out too, so if you find somewhere that I can order the black grill, throw this bro a hook up.
On normal roads no compromise what so ever...on the highway they are a little annoying...gas milage dropped 1 mpg so far...if you find a black grill let me know as I want one too...

Quick Reply: Mounted my new rims & tires today! 37" tires on 20" rims!