PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential for sale...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:38 AM
Default Potential for sale...thoughts?

I'm thinking about putting my H3 up for sale. We just found out we have a baby on the way, and it may be in my best interest to downsize to something a little more affordable.

I have a 2006 base 5 speed with 60,000 miles on it. It's in good condition, and I just put on new 20" motometal 957's with 35x13 terra grapplers. There is slight rub on the body at full lock, so I'm going to install a body lift to remedy that problem.

My question is, what should I ask for it? Any ideas? I may list it locally and see how it does. Also, the graphics are removable, so would it make sense to take them off?

Any thoughts, concerns, or opinions would be much appreciated!

Name:  img059.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  52.8 KB

Old 03-31-2008, 09:55 AM
Default RE: Potential for sale...thoughts?

good luck with the baby...if your rubbing at full lock then it's on your control arms...body lift will not help you any, If your rubbing your well well liner then just trim it out...bit I've never seen a 35 rub anything but the control arm. Body lift will look ugly as hell on an h3 anyway.

How much...hmm....that depends. is your vin # within the range of the bad heads? Because your warrenty is expired as the 06 only had a 50 or 60,000 mile warrenty...the 07 got the 100,000 mile powertrain. I don't think selling will bring you that much....the 06 have nothing going for them....smaller motor...shorter or in your case, no warranty...the whole bad head situation....all that spells disaster for retail value....Sucks for us 06 owners.[:@]

Old 03-31-2008, 10:06 AM

Go to www.kbb.com and check. The graphic may turn some buyers off but that's just my opinion. What you plan to buy determines if selling it is worth while. Depreciation is a bitch!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:20 AM

How much do you owe on your H3?

I think you would be better off keeping the H3 as your family wagon as long as your wife likes driving it. The four doors and it being a safe and solid vehiclemake it a great for karting kiddies around

What are you thinking of as a replacement? Is this for you or your wife?

Probably what ever you get will cost mo $$ out of pocket and you will probably take a loss on the H3 during a trade or sale

Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 AM

I owe 21k on my 06........

I'll pull the vin. I haven't had any head issues, so to be honest, I never looked to see if I fall within that range. Probably should have done that before I rolled over 50k.

Depreciation is definitely a bitch! there's no way around it. I bought the truck with the 0% deal, but didn't put any money down thinking I was going to keep it for a while.
We are looking at a Honda Element (i know, i know, let the flaming begin) since they are pretty affordable, good on gas, and pretty versatile for what they are.

When I was looking to trade it in a while back, they offered my 18,500 for it. I was hoping to clear 20k and just pay the rest of the note off if I sold it outright. If nothing else, I think it helps simplify the dealer transaction.

I'm just trying to cut costs wherever I can. the 250 a month i'd save could pay for diapers if nothing else!!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller
...if your rubbing at full lock then it's on your control arms...body lift will not help you any, If your rubbing your well well liner then just trim it out...bit I've never seen a 35 rub anything but the control arm. Body lift will look ugly as hell on an h3 anyway.
Good call on the body lift. It actually rubs at 2 points: on the lower plastic trim piece (below the grille) and on the fender liner. It's not much, but anything over 1 1/4 turns makes a pretty horrible rubbing noise. if nothing else, I don't want to give potential buyers the wrong impression.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 AM

crank the t-bars...that should clear it...or take out the sawzall and do some trimming. But the t-bar crank will make them clear.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:46 AM

i better go back and give it another crank or two....i'll have to measure from hub to fender and see how much more I can get out of it.

Thanks for the help!!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:20 AM

First, I agree that you may just want to keep it. $$ isn't that far off from what you're going to get into, so why get into another hole? Just stay in the one you already have.

Second, have you thought about putting the stock rims back on it to sell it (if you still have them)? The mods turn some people off, as we know the majority of H3 owners have no intention of ever taking it off road, plus the expense of buying the bigger tire when needed may turn some off. The graphics definitely need to go if you are selling. You are trying to appeal to the majority, not the few. Make it nice, but plain and you will attract more buyers overall IMO.
We traded our 06 LUX in last Sept and got $25000 for it, Just FYI. But we only 19,000 miles on it and it was loaded.

I would just keep it if it were me.

Good Luck

Old 03-31-2008, 11:29 AM

I may end up doing just that. I really like the truck, I just keep going back and forth on it. Maybe i'll just work hard to pay it off this summer and not have ANY payment!

Quick Reply: Potential for sale...thoughts?