PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Loud tire noise after roataion

Old 08-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Default Loud tire noise after roataion

Hello,

I have Mickey Thompson AZT tires on my H2, larger than stock, that I recently had rotated. I know I probably waited too long to have this done, not sure of the exact mileage.

Since the rotation, I have noticed a quite loud high pitched whine that is speed dependent that is most certainly coming from the tires.

Also, I'm not completely certain that the dealer inflated them to the proper pressure. The current pressures are from 42 to 44 per the dash display all the way around. I was thinking that it was higher in the past, but, I cannot remember.

The only reason the I had the dealer do the rotation is because I was having smoe warranty work done, and they only charge $12.50 to rotate the tires, and this way I know the TPMS is reset properly too.

If I have waited too long to rotate, should I live with the noise and hope it settles down, or just have the tires put back where they were because they were apparently "happy" there?

From the looks of things, they did an X rotatation pattern. I have a hub cover missing, and the missing one used to be on the passenger rear, now is on driver front.

Thanks.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:54 PM

How long did you wait before rotating.... Take guess on the milage

I rotate mine every other oil change (not to rub it in) and I have no issues.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:06 PM

This would probably be near the same schedule, assuming you wait until the vehicle tells you to change the oil like I do.

I would guess 10,000 miles.

That might be more or less. Not really sure.

This noise is getting to be awful though. I'm still wondering if the inflation is right. Im running 35 x 12.50 x 20

I'm wondering if I should put them back where they were.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:35 AM

I listened to the tire place and did not rotate mine as I have been doing, and mine are a lot noisier now... If you have a aggressive tire and want to make them last, have yours rotated every 4000 miles.. They will last a lot longer, plus that noise will never show.. But, just bear with it, after they wear in more it will go away... Also try to add a little air, take it for a drive and see if it quiets down any..
Also, when you rotate tires, usually the rears go forward and the fronts go to the opposite rear...