Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Looking to convert every bulb to LED (climate control, headlight switch,heated seats)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 04:36 PM
Default Looking to convert every bulb to LED (climate control, headlight switch,heated seats)

Hey everyone. I have been searching around the forums here and the tahoe/yukon forums but seem to find mixed information.

I am looking to convert all the bulbs in the car to LED. The cluster, climate control, steering wheel controls, headlight switch, rear wiper switch, heated seats, etc.

I would love to get started on this soldering madness!, but I'm not sure which LED's to go with. I've read everything from 5mm in the cluster, to 3mm in all the other switches/controls throughout the H2, but not sure if this is correct.

Also, which LED's should I go with? Obviously I want diffused LED's to reduce hot spots. What type of resistor? I am looking to convert everything to WHITE!

Thanks guys.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:02 PM

I have a few pics in my build threads on the other forums, I never made one on this forum. You do need 5mm leds everywhere except the door controls which use 3mm leds. Diffused lens will be your best bet as it has a wider angle.

Resistors are not needed. Get some good solder wick and wick away all the old solder especially on the door controls as the leads actually go through the boards by little holes. I made the mistake of not when I started and actually pulled 2 of the copper contacts off the board. It took some fiddling around to get all the lights working again on the driver door.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I have a few pics in my build threads on the other forums, I never made one on this forum. You do need 5mm leds everywhere except the door controls which use 3mm leds. Diffused lens will be your best bet as it has a wider angle.

Resistors are not needed. Get some good solder wick and wick away all the old solder especially on the door controls as the leads actually go through the boards by little holes. I made the mistake of not when I started and actually pulled 2 of the copper contacts off the board. It took some fiddling around to get all the lights working again on the driver door.
Can you link me to the LED's you used?

Old 08-01-2014, 06:02 PM

It was a while ago so I'd have to try and find the seller. He was a guy off ebay, each pack of LED's were heat sealed in their own bag and the best prices I could find. I'll try and look him up for you.