PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Looking to buy this h2, need feedback please!!

Old 06-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Default Looking to buy this h2, need feedback please!!

Hello, I have never owned or even looked at a hummer ever, I am going tomorrow to see this H2, I am also going to look at an H3. Right now I have an 07 gmc seirra but want a hummer. Here is one I liked please let me know what you think and what I should be looking for.

Cars for Sale: 2005 HUMMER H2 in Warren, MI 48091: Sport Utility Details - 320161012 - AutoTrader.com

Old 06-24-2012, 07:24 PM

Is it painted flat/satin? Pretty fair price for the age/mileage but, the paint limits your market, if you opted to sell it down the road.

Todd

Old 06-24-2012, 07:44 PM

I'm not sure yet I will see tomorrow, thanks for your insight

Old 06-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Default vehicle check

One of the things that I would check that is a common problem is the rear suspension system. H2's have 2 systems, One is the earlier version that has a compressor unit mounted just behind the trailer hitch under the rear bumper in the center. This system has 2 air units that this compressor keeps filled to help the suspension keep the H2 level during traveling or off roading.

The other (newer) type of H2 suspension has the big springs (2 of them) where the bags used to be and the compressor is not present. I looked at the pics you had in your link and I didint see a compressor button to manually inflate the compressor, so I would bet that you have the newer spring type suspension (which is a good thing).

As a follow up, I would spend a few bucks and get a carfax report. If there has been any reports made from the history of the vehicle, then it should be in that report. Its not fool proof, but the info is worth the few $$ spent. Arming yourself with knowledge about the product places you in a stronger position to haggle on the sale of the vehicle.

Do a test drive, take your time. Its not going to race away like a car, but youre looking for more on how it handles, brakes, turns, and stops. Listen for unusual sounds in all modes of driving with the windows down and no stereo playing. Lastly, check and make sure that the 4WD transfer case is working. You dont need to go off road just to check that it engages and disengages without any problems. Change the settings with the tranny in neutral and foot on the brake.

Lastly, if you have ANY hesitations, dont sign anything, you can always come back here and post your questions and get info!

Good luck!

Last edited by fyr145; 06-25-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:34 AM

Find out if the car is painted that color or wrapped. If wrapped, then you won't know how the paint is underneath. That is a great asking price which means you can get it even cheaper. I'm new to the H2 scene also so I just went on past experiences with other purchases. Do the usual checks: fluids, visual suspension checks. Drive it around then park it somewhere where the floor is dry and let it sit for a while to see if anything leaks. Mine had a couple of squeaks and rattles from the interior but I took it as an older GM vehicle so was to be expected. Good luck and keep us posted!!!!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:31 PM

Take it to a certified gm caddy/hummer dealer and have them check it out. The h2 is a very complex vehicle and they can tell you everything. It's worth the money to do this, trust me.

Old 06-26-2012, 06:52 AM

Those are some beefy tires, I would pay attention to the steering, see if there is any play. Open the hood and check out that everything looks normal. Possibly might see the original paint color in the engine compartment, some places make that mistake when they paint a different color. You should be able to call any GM dealership and will tell you the original color by the VIN number.

Old 06-26-2012, 08:36 AM

Right those tires freak me out a bit. They look bald in that picture and it looks like the front. Bumper was cut to fit the bigger tires....this is a go look at in person one

Old 06-26-2012, 02:22 PM

Odd they removed the price and photo's from the link!

Old 06-28-2012, 03:44 PM

Like any 4x4 check underneath for scrapes and dents to skid plates, drivetrain protection cage, nerf/step bars and/or rock sliders, etc....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to buy this h2, need feedback please!!