Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Locked roof rack-no keys!

Old 04-20-2017, 05:35 PM
Default Need some help!

Hey guys, I bought a 2003 H2 and of course the previous owner lost the roof rack key.
can anyone set me up with an E003 key? I'll be glad to pay for it since even the Chevrolet dealers can't help me.
I seriously need the key since I bought a 52" led light bar and need to mount it to the froot rack and slide it forward! My wife is on me to get my light bar out of the living room! Lol

Old 04-20-2017, 06:06 PM

You can still slide it forward and back - just have to loosen the ***** to do that. Careful though, if they have never been moved the shafts on the ***** might be rusted to the hooks.. The keys just unlock the end caps so you can slide the top rubber strip out to mount things like ski racks, full roof racks, etc.

Mine was missing the key too. I got lucky and found a random key that actually fits and unlocks mine that was for a Kobalt tool box.

Aside from that you can easily get them cheap.... the roof racks are actually made for GM by Thule. Thule keys have a NXXX number, your roof rack caps will have a EXXX number. Mine for example are E003. Just change the letter to N on the Thule site linked - enter your lock number and order up a key. The shipping will cost you more than the key does. lol

https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/support/spare-parts-keys

Old 04-20-2017, 07:20 PM
Default Hey Mixmansc

Originally Posted by MixManSC
You can still slide it forward and back - just have to loosen the ***** to do that. Careful though, if they have never been moved the shafts on the ***** might be rusted to the hooks.. The keys just unlock the end caps so you can slide the top rubber strip out to mount things like ski racks, full roof racks, etc.

Mine was missing the key too. I got lucky and found a random key that actually fits and unlocks mine that was for a Kobalt tool box.

Aside from that you can easily get them cheap.... the roof racks are actually made for GM by Thule. Thule keys have a NXXX number, your roof rack caps will have a EXXX number. Mine for example are E003. Just change the letter to N on the Thule site linked - enter your lock number and order up a key. The shipping will cost you more than the key does. lol

https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/support/spare-parts-keys
Thanks for the info mix man, however I do need to remove the rack from my roof as well plus take the strip out as well as remove the end caps due to needing to run wire and access the inside of the rack to install lock nuts on the bolts I'm I sing for my LED light bar.
Thanks for the Thule info, I called a locksmith and have a 9am appointment tommorow but he did not have info on my E003 key or the Thule N003 in his system so hopefully he will get it by tommorow.
Still think just buying a copy from someone on the forum would be easier and definitely cheaper.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Brian Carey

Old 04-20-2017, 07:28 PM

Probably so but then again no one probably has a spare.... I know I did not get one when I bought mine and there are not likely many if any original 1st owners around here still.

If it helps - this is the toolbox key I came up with that fits mine.

Attached Thumbnails Locked roof rack-no keys!-img_0956.jpg  
Old 04-21-2017, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DragonMan68
Thanks for the info mix man, however I do need to remove the rack from my roof as well plus take the strip out as well as remove the end caps due to needing to run wire and access the inside of the rack to install lock nuts on the bolts I'm I sing for my LED light bar.
Thanks for the Thule info, I called a locksmith and have a 9am appointment tommorow but he did not have info on my E003 key or the Thule N003 in his system so hopefully he will get it by tommorow.
Still think just buying a copy from someone on the forum would be easier and definitely cheaper.

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Brian Carey
They have this thing called Ebay, where they sell stuff. Try a search there, you can buy them all day long.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:50 PM

easy eBAY.... thats where I got mine (E003)

Old 09-12-2017, 11:04 PM
Default Locked roof rack & no key!

I recently purchased a used car that has a locking top rack. I am trying to get a key for it since it unfortunately did not come with one. The only indications and lettering on my top rack are "auf" and "zu" around the outside. There is no key code.
Anyone happen to have any guidance about how I can go about getting a new key? Or possibly even what company this rack may have come from?
Any information is helpful.
Thank you.

Old 09-13-2017, 06:41 AM

A used car?? Not sure any of us will be of much help. This site is specifically about Hummer vehicles - Hummer never made any cars, only SUV's, SUT's and the military Hummers. What exactly did you buy?

Old 10-09-2017, 04:11 PM

Easy to find these keys on eBay at a reasonable price.

Old 06-07-2020, 10:49 PM
Default 2004 H2 Hummer

can anybody help me out I have a 2004 H2 Hummer the luggage rack. I do not have the key for anyone can send me a key I will make a copy In I will sent it right back to you. thanks for any help would be appreciated

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Locked roof rack-no keys!