PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Location Of The Power Feed Wiring To The Roof Mounted Brake Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Default Location Of The Power Feed Wiring To The Roof Mounted Brake Light

I want to Install a "Back-Off" Flasher on the roof Brake L.E.D. I have a 2009 Lux. To get to that feed wire at the led wire entrance at the roof point requires takeing off a bunch off interior trim which is a real PITA.

I have the Manuel on the H2 and thier is a juntion point Connector under the IP on the left side. The only problem is the book doesn't tell you where that connector is other then "Left side of IP"

Has anyone put one in ther H2? I had one I installed in my 2009 Vett. That was easy...just take out the tail light and there it was.

It's a Light blue feed wire to the Third Eye Roof Brake LED.

Thanks ....Stumpy

Old 08-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Hey Stumpy....

I pulled the 3rd light on mine to replace the upper trim and you could get to the wires...

I put one of those blink blinks on a 2000 couple also... so I would think that you could get to it.... the hole is pretty big.

any thoughts? can you give me a picture? The 2003-2007 liftgate trim takes 10 minutes to get off....

Old 08-14-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75
Hey Stumpy....

I pulled the 3rd light on mine to replace the upper trim and you could get to the wires...

I put one of those blink blinks on a 2000 couple also... so I would think that you could get to it.... the hole is pretty big.

any thoughts? can you give me a picture? The 2003-2007 liftgate trim takes 10 minutes to get off....
Thanks For the reply Stan...

I have had the Third eye out last year when I was investgating the install. The problem is the Flasher unit won't fit up in there. So...It' tare out he 2009 inside trim below inside the rig. That trim, is different from the 2003-2007 and requires massive disasembly to drop the top and side trim pieces.

So what I have found that I think will be easier is to tap the wire (Light Blue) Called "CHMSL"..(Center High Mounted Stop Lamp).. at the left hand side of the IP where there is a Junction Block that is fead from the "BCM" that powers the "CHMSL"..That should run down in the harness channel under the sill Plastic Plate on the drivers side.

There should be room there to add the Flashy box.

Right now I am trying to electrocute a Fly that is Bugging The **** out of me while I type... I have my Harbor Frieght Tennis Eletro Racket in hand and have already smashed my Cigar ash tray.. **** F _ _ K..!!!

Old 08-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

sounds like you have it figured out....

how big is the flashy thing??

Old 08-17-2011, 09:21 AM

sounds like you have it figured out....

how big is the flashy thing??

You want the XP model... Read the de-scrip ..it shows how you can change the flash and hold times... Click on the pic of the module for more info..

Signal Dynamics | Signal Dynamics Corporation 1-800-785-1814 | Motorcycle Safety Lights | Break Light Signal Module | Motorcycle LED Lighting | Signal Dynamics - Creator of BackOFF

And PS...I am not getting email notifications of posts...

Old 08-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Stump!

Old 08-19-2011, 10:55 AM

Thanks Stump!
Do you have a New Phone Number yet... And I did get this notification thru email. So That's working . Now all thats left is the sig Pic and name change.. Will see when I make a new post