Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

LED side marker lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 03:19 PM
Default LED side marker lights

Anyone have to replace their LED side marker lights yet? My rear passenger side one stopped working. I see that it is LED, which stinks that it went out after 4 years. But after unscrewing it, it seems that they are hard wired in, or atleast I cannot see how to unattach it. The GM Dealer quoted me around $90just for the unit, but I have no clue how to replace it other than splicing it in, and there is no way I'm paying them to install. I haven't purchased anything yet, maybe someone can lead me elsewhere.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:23 PM
Default RE: LED side marker lights

you have to take off the interior plastic molding under the windows, that's where the connector is- and to do that you have to remove all the molding around it. pain in the ***, but that's where the connector is. that's why it costs an hour of labor to replace it.

Old 11-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Default RE: LED side marker lights

Grrrrrrrrrreat. thanks for the info.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Default Removing interior trim panel in cargo area

Mine just went out as well. Does anyone have the following document "Door Sill Plate Replacement - Rear" for properly removing the cargo trim panel in order to replace the market light?

Old 02-22-2015, 06:05 PM

I paid $100 for the same marker light a year ago, so your price isn't bad.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:53 AM
Default Interior plastic molding.

Originally Posted by shortbus
you have to take off the interior plastic molding under the windows, that's where the connector is- and to do that you have to remove all the molding around it. pain in the ***, but that's where the connector is. that's why it costs an hour of labor to replace it.
Do you know where I can get a diagram for the interior molding? Or can you tell me what panels need to be removed? Sorry this very simple project is kicking my A$@.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:03 AM

For Right Side Passenger, the easiest thing to do is to pop out the compartment tray (#5 in the diagram). This gives you clear access to the plug and chassis fastener.

Attached Thumbnails  LED side marker lights-screen-shot-2017-03-23-9.01.18-am.png  
Old 03-23-2017, 11:52 PM

Snap some pics during the removal of all that trim so we can see what's under there for those of us who have never removed those pieces.

Old 05-22-2021, 05:04 PM
Default Passenger seems a lot easier than the Driver side!

Originally Posted by clsimmon
For Right Side Passenger, the easiest thing to do is to pop out the compartment tray (#5 in the diagram). This gives you clear access to the plug and chassis fastener.
I was able to do the passenger through the opening where the tray sits below the widow. However the Driver side tray is much smaller and I find my polish sausage fingers can't get there.
Is there any hope, or should I just remove all the plastic? Thanks!

Old 05-23-2021, 08:16 AM

Remove the interior panel. The pockets can be removed but they are nearly impossible to snap back in. The interior panel is not that difficult to remove and replace. Go slow so you don't break plastic.

Quick Reply: LED side marker lights