PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

LED roof bar installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 09:11 AM

that looks nice where did you get the lightbar from ???

Old 03-27-2016, 09:43 AM

How's the wind noise from it?

Old 03-27-2016, 12:04 PM

I got it directly from auxbeam . Much cheaper than amazon . They were offering a coupon ending paying around 170 if I remember

So far no problem with wind , I read lot of complains about the lamp whistling but I guess it may be the side mounting bracket
Which I didn't use

Old 03-29-2016, 04:16 AM

Nice one. Looks like a good alternative to expensive Rigids. Keep us posted regarding the durability of your LEd bar.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:03 PM

I got an auxbeam one and no problems touch wood, bought it middle of last year. I have mine mounted on the front of an oem roof bar. You do get some noise with the sunroof open but not noticeably more than with the existing bars on there. Well pleased for the money. Rigid look well made, but how often are you driving around with them on to justify 5-8x the cost. Didn't use the existing side brackets, had someone fab some up.

Old 03-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Default DRl to fog

Originally Posted by H2Miami
You won't belive it .
I bought the cover , cut the outside drill couple holes on the legs run a wire on the side to the back and attached to the screws

It came out so good that even in the accessories shop the guy was wondering how I manage to install a fog lamp in there
If you see it close it is cheap but unless pay very good attention it looks like a fog lamp
Hi, would like to know what fogs u put in place of the DRL...and do they work nice to light the front up...my HID in the headlights are just ok. Need somthing so I can actually see at night

Old 03-30-2016, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Sobeit69
Hi, would like to know what fogs u put in place of the DRL...and do they work nice to light the front up...my HID in the headlights are just ok. Need somthing so I can actually see at night
Those are the OEM Drl with a Piaa cover . I put a Led bulb (
Amazon.com: JDM ASTAR 1200 Lumens Extremely Bright 144-EX Chipsets 3056 3156 3057 3157 LED Bulbs with Projector , Xenon White: Automotive Amazon.com: JDM ASTAR 1200 Lumens Extremely Bright 144-EX Chipsets 3056 3156 3057 3157 LED Bulbs with Projector , Xenon White: Automotive
)which works very good but the light output isnt impressive.
It helps but I dont think it os a huge difference. I got it mostly to match the 6000k from the headlight

You can just replace the bulbs for the LED but If you need extra real light then go for the work lights such as the one I had installed on the grill ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G6...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) Those are powerful .
The one I got from Amazon are great but I will replace it for the Auxbeam when have a chance to match the roof bar

Old 03-31-2016, 02:31 AM

I really liked the way this guy mounted a smaller bar in the grille. I've never seen it done anywhere else on the 'net.

Rigid Industries LED lighting

Old 03-31-2016, 11:35 AM
Default Led

Originally Posted by Baldfox
I really liked the way this guy mounted a smaller bar in the grille. I've never seen it done anywhere else on the 'net.

Rigid Industries LED lighting
Yes that looks Awsome...but where can we even get that mount and led bar now
The original site is not there anymore

Old 03-31-2016, 11:37 AM
Default Led in drl

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Those are the OEM Drl with a Piaa cover . I put a Led bulb ( Amazon.com: JDM ASTAR 1200 Lumens Extremely Bright 144-EX Chipsets 3056 3156 3057 3157 LED Bulbs with Projector , Xenon White: Automotive )which works very good but the light output isnt impressive.
It helps but I dont think it os a huge difference. I got it mostly to match the 6000k from the headlight

You can just replace the bulbs for the LED but If you need extra real light then go for the work lights such as the one I had installed on the grill ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00G6...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) Those are powerful .
The one I got from Amazon are great but I will replace it for the Auxbeam when have a chance to match the roof bar
I put matching led in running lights when I did Hid for the head lights.nthey do nothing but ligh up...and after a year the little LED's stop working in spots

Quick Reply: LED roof bar installed