Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

LED Headlights installed PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 07:54 AM

Ok, so had a quick look earlier... first thing i need to do is remove the upper chrome grille. Problem is, I didn't know where all the bolts were. I can see the 2x 10mm bolts at either end of the grill (corners) they're fine, but can anyone point me to the other two ? I am thinking i can take the upper grill and bottom grill off in one go, and then have better access to the lower grill as the clips are rusted, and i want to install a brushguard at the same time...

Anyone got a pic where i should be looking ??
I did see two nuts through the upper grill when the hood was closed, are these the ones i need to remove ?

Attached Thumbnails LED Headlights installed PICS!-help.jpg  
Old 01-18-2015, 12:48 PM

I sorted it in the end so no probs... regarding the trucklites, i got them and installed. First thing for anyone looking:
a) i didn't need to sand anything down on the back of the light housing. The trucklite fit as a direct replacement with no problems at all.

b) i also bought the trucklite pulse adaptor (to remove the flickering) however the existing hummer connection didn't fit the same connector that was on so i had to cut and splice (a little bit ghetto!) but worked ok.

c) I bought the 27270C, and i can confirm that I do see some kind of X pattern at the end of the beams. To be honest, this doesnt bother me in the slightest, and it only really becomes apparent if you're say facing a brick wall. On the road (including dark empty highway), i don't notice it.

d) I think I will probably need to align them. I don't quite know how to do this yet, so if anyone has any ideas (horizontal and vertical) am all ears!

Old 01-23-2015, 12:28 PM

So managed to cut the brush guard sides out of the lower grill and finished the trucklite install finally. See the pics!

Attached Thumbnails LED Headlights installed PICS!-image.jpg  
Old 01-23-2015, 12:32 PM

Excuse the iPhone quality. Didn't want to take the big camera out!
The lights are basically parked (low beam) - huge improvement over the previous ones. I have to be mindful that the LEDs don't put the heat out so they could get covered in ice/snow more which I need to be mindful of but the benefits of proper lighting outweighs this for me.

Decent upgrade at a decent price. Thanks to LoJack for his guidance.

Attached Thumbnails LED Headlights installed PICS!-image.jpg  
Old 01-23-2015, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
Decent upgrade at a decent price. Thanks to LoJac for his guidance.

Looks good, glad you got them up and running!

Old 01-24-2015, 03:40 AM

Just need to sort out the non working DRLs - thinking could be a relay out. In any case I have led lights that will fit. Need to do some testing.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:55 AM

I love how the roof markers light up the snow on your truck. Looks so festive

Old 01-27-2015, 12:23 PM

will get better shots when i get her washed... DRL's the next mod (after the airdoc!)

Old 02-01-2015, 03:49 AM

The white electrical tape is covering some electrical connector blocks where i needed to "ghetto" the hummer wires to the wires of the anti flickering module. I bought the modules and the lamps on amazon. Well pleased with them. I don't even notice the "x" pattern now, i just know i can see a lot more at night. Even in the middle of a moscow winter with all the slush and salt on the roads, they're holding up well.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:59 AM

Quick Reply: LED Headlights installed PICS!